Team Lead Business Development Spain
Revenue – Sales /
About the role:
Succeeded in sales? Shown aptitude for team management? Want to make a difference to a global business in a fast-growing and exciting sector?
We have an exciting opportunity for an BDR Manager to join a global Fintech company providing an expense management solution to finance teams to make smarter spending decisions.
Managing a team of 6 BDR’s you will be responsible for the strategy and approach of the initial prospect engagement process and tactics. Targeting Spanish mid-market businesses, you will utilise a strategic and multi-channel approach to opening doors.
With strong year-on-year growth plans, this function will be critical to the success of the business and so you will be an intrinsic part of this success.
If you have experience managing a team of BDR’s, creating fun strategies that drive performance and have a creative methodology for generating pipeline opportunities, then we’d love to talk to you!
- Contribute to hire & build a successful BDR team
- Responsible for the ramp up of the new Hires
- Responsible for the career path of your team
- Responsible for the continuous training & development of the team hand in hand with team manager, sales enablement & excellence (production of individual development plan to improve strengths) and coach your team
- Guardian of the work ethics/culture, well-being & retention of the team
- Consistently hit on monthly & quarterly team target
- Responsible for performance & homogeneity of the team performance
- Responsible for weekly routines & operating routines
- Participate in the sales effort by jumping in calls & hunting activities with the team (hands on).
- Build, implement & monitor tactical plans (weekly, monthly, quarterly) to hit activity or performance target
- Responsible for on time & accurate reporting of the team activity & performance
Business & Market:
- Be responsible for continuous improvements on processes, tools & materials
- Own strategic projects in go-to-market, sales enablement & hiring topics to contribute to the UK & EMEA sales teams' growth
- Work with Sales, Operations and Marketing teams to optimise pipeline creation and efficient lead handoff
- Be the eyes and ears of Spendesk on the market - giving valuable feedback to Product team, Marketing team & Leadership team.
- Experience in the Spanish territory:
- Outbound sales expertise & experience building pipeline through outbound
- Track record of driving and delivering results who also incorporates empathy, integrity and humility into a hands-on style of leadership
- Data driven & process-oriented
- Deep proficiency in using and CRM (Salesforce)
- Strong ability to coach and bring teams to higher performance standards and hitting targets
3-4+ years sales experience in a high growth software or SaaS environment targeting mid-market companies
1-2 years of experience managing BDRs / Inside Sales / AE’s
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
- Lunch 60% funded by Spendesk (Swile Card)
- 9 RTT in 2023 on a pro-rata basis, in addition to your 25 paid holiday days
- Alan Premium health insurance
- A Gymlib pass to let off steam after a productive day at work
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Access to Vendredi allowing us to change the world
- Latest Apple equipment (MacBook Air)
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.