Front-End Web Developer
Who are we?
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to help companies spend smarter. We’re based in Paris and Berlin but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 with eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 1,400+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised three rounds of funding: €2 million, €8 million and €35 million in september 2019 which came from Index ventures.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 15 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
Our team values
*We’re all owners
*Go for it boldly and without fear of failure.
*Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
*Proactively seek out ways to grow.
*Always run the extra mile
What will you do ?
Spendesk is looking for a marketing-savvy front-end engineer who is excited to make a real and highly visible impact at Spendesk.
As the technical go-to for marketing, you will own the development and enhancement of our key websites. This includes building out new website pages and functionality, improving UX, site performance, SEO and conversion rates and managing technical bugs and enhancements.
This role requires someone with a strong technical and project management skillset, but equally someone with good stakeholder management and prioritization skills who is both customer centric and performance driven.
As a SaaS company, our website is the core of our business. It's our 5th Avenue showroom, and the first place our customers, prospects & land when they visit us.
- Leading the development and maintenance of the Spendesk website, CFO Connect website, Spendesk blog and landing pages
- Implementing best practices for SEO and conversion optimisations
- Proactively improving the website and landing pages through Contentful & Hubspot
- Supporting marketing and data in implementing data tracking
- Partnering with the growth engineering team on growth experiments and lead generation tools
- Collaborating with the marketing team to implement A/B tests
- Working closely with the Demand Generation teams to brainstorm new ideas, improved processes and lead generation projects to improve performance
- Travis / Github / Netlify / Zeit / AWS
What are we looking for?
We are looking for talented and passionate engineers to help us build and scale our key websites. If you have a strong taste in SEO & UX, project management skills and furthermore a strong sensibility to Marketing this job may well be for you! Having a 1st work experience in a FinTech start-up is a plus
- 2+ years experience in front-end development (React or Vue.js)
- Fluent in English
- Solid understanding of design for web including layout, HTML, CSS
- Strong attention to detail and passion for good-looking UI
- Resourceful, highly curious, and an appetite for testing and learning
- Rigorous with code quality and other engineering best practices (testing, maintenance, design patterns, architecture)
- Basic knowledge of SEO
- Comfortable with APIs
- Effective communication and project management skills
- Bonus: familiar with Contentful
Why should you apply?
- Key moment to join Spendesk in term of growth and opportunities
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Open for remote and flexible hours
- Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
- The most incredible team in town
- 13 Nationalities, English is our business language
- Free snacks and coffee
- Gifts powered by Briq, our internal virtual currency
- Thursday socials with the team
- Lunchr cards
- Transportation (50%)