Engineering – Engineering /
We are on a mission to liberate businesses and people to do their best work.
We are an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016 Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US, and we recently raised €100m in a Series C funding round. Our team of 350+ Spendeskers, is spread across four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco, alongside many teammates working remotely from various cities in Europe.
And we're growing fast. Come join us!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an Engineering Manager, your main focus is to grow the people in your care into better engineers while delivering the best features for our users. To do this, you’ll mentor your team to deliver high-quality work, make the right trade-off to send the right product to the market at the right time and collaborate with the other squads to ensure a good alignement in the team from a product and a technical perspective.
As Spendesk wants to offer employees an environment where they can grow and thrive, you’ll spend a lot of time mentoring individuals in your team and empowering your most senior reports to help you in that mission. Part of the individual growth is the regular reviews process where you’ll be able to make deep feedback and optimise individual and team performance.
You’ll handle regular 1:1s and performance reviews with the developers, meaning you will follow projects closely and be involved in the daily work with everyone. Keeping a high level of confidence from the team is key to get proper feedbacks and improve the communication.
As a good personal organisation is really important to keep the productivity high, you’ll have a project management responsibility, meaning that even if developers should be able to manage their own tasks and roadmaps, it’s up to you to make sure it’s done correctly.
You’ll also be responsible of resourcing, interviewing and building talent for our squads.
- React and Redux for our front-end
- Babel and Webpack to transpile ES6 code
- Sass for CSS processing
- Native mobile apps (Swift and Kotlin)
- Node.js for our backend applications
- REST and GraphQL APIs
- MySQL for data storage, Redis for some cache
- Travis CI for continuous integration and AWS for hosting
- A minimum of 7+ years experience in development with respect to state-of-the-art best practices
- Proven experience in designing large scale frontend applications
- A minimum of 2 years experience of management, leadership and mentoring teams
- Proven experience in project management and strategy
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- You are autonomous, fast-learner and proactive
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Competitive compensation package with equity (everyone is an owner of the company!)
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- The best equipment for your needs (Macbook Pro, secondary screen, ...)
- Internal social events (hackathon, company-wide parties, offsite, ...)
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- A purple Spendesk card (for your work purchases)!
- And more!
What you can expect from the process:
1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager, Head-Of, or C-Level (CEO included) to review any remaining questions