Who are we?
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to help companies spend smarter. We’re based in Paris and Berlin but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 with eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 1,400+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised three rounds of funding: €2 million, €8 million and €35 million in september 2019 which came from Index ventures.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 15 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
Our team values
*We’re all owners
*Go for it boldly and without fear of failure.
*Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
*Proactively seek out ways to grow.
*Always run the extra mile
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an Engineering Manager, your main focus is your team delivery speed. You'll have to follow and optimise individual and team performance, overseeing developers from several squads in order to keep the feedback loop short. As Spendesk wants to offer employees an environment where they can grow and thrive, you'll be a mentor and the guarantor of the well-being of the team.
You'll handle regular 1:1s and performance reviews with the developers, meaning you will follow projects closely and be involved in the daily work with everyone. Keeping a high level of confidence from the team is key to get proper feedbacks and improve the communication.
As a good personal organisation is really important to keep the productivity high, you'll have a project management responsibility, meaning that even if developers should be able to manage their own tasks and roadmaps, it's up to you to make sure it's done correctly.
You'll also be responsible of resourcing, interviewing and building talent for our squads.
- React and Redux for our front-end
- Babel and Webpack to transpile ES6 code
- Sass for CSS processing
- Native mobile apps (Swift and Kotlin)
- Node.js for our backend applications
- REST and GraphQL APIs
- MySQL for data storage, Redis for some cache
- Travis CI for continuous integration and AWS for hosting
- A minimum of 7+ years experience in development with respect to state-of-the-art best practices
- Proven experience in designing large scale frontend applications
- A minimum of 2 years experience of management, leadership and mentoring teams
- Proven experience in project management and strategy
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- You are autonomous, fast-learner and proactive
- You are a HACKER, you are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You thrive in technical challenges, to prototype and creative problem solver in the short timeframes.
- You are a DOER: “tomorrow” is not in your vocabulary. You get shit done!
- You are a passionate manager who builds and scales your teams. Building and designing efficient, reliable products are your strengths. and have a strong taste for mentoring people this job may well be for you! Having a first successful management experience is a plus.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US?
- Key moment to join Spendesk in term of growth and opportunities
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote and flexible hours
- Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
- 13 Nationalities, English is our business language
- Brand new offices located in Silicon IX (near Gare St-Lazare)
- Free snacks and coffee
- Gifts powered by Briq, our internal virtual currency
- Thursday socials with the team
- Lunchr cards
- Transportation (50%)