Senior Platform Engineer
Engineering – Infrastructure /
The Platform team is responsible for operating and maintaining a scalable, robust and performant platform, to support both our growing customer base and engineering organisation. Our aim is to enable and empower engineers to self serve and deliver value to our customers in a fast, safe and autonomous manner. We are currently searching for a Senior Platform Engineer to join our growing Infrastructure team to facilitate this.
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will primarily focus on developing and maintaining our core cloud infrastructure (AWS, EKS, Terraform, Atlantis, Elasticache, RDS), enabling engineers to deliver their code from dev —> production (GitHub Actions CI/CD pipelines, ArgoCD, Helm, Service Templates) and providing tools and services to enable engineers to observe how their code behaves in production (DataDog dashboards, monitors, alerts and SLOs).
Working closely with other teams in the Product, Data & Engineering (PDE) organisation requires good communication skills, being inquisitive and a problem solver. As a team, we strive not to be a blocker or gatekeeper for engineering delivery, but rather empower and enable engineers to self-serve through automation and tooling as much as possible. You will work with your team to define and implement the roadmap with quarterly objectives. In addition, you will be expected to be a champion of DevOps processes and practices across our engineering organisation, helping to advocate for cross-cutting initiatives around Reliability, Security, Scalability and Efficiency. You will also be expected to participate in the rituals of the teams including planning, grooming, stand-up and demos.💸
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in the Platform, SRE, Production or Systems Engineering fields.
- Demonstrated track record of working with distributed systems
- Strong experience on building and maintaining a Kubernetes based platform
- Experience with major cloud providers (preferably AWS)
- Experience with infrastructure and application instrumentation, defining and tracking SLOs and SLAs (preferably DataDog) - Experience of support rotas and incident management
- Good knowledge in coding/scripting (NodeJS, Go, Python, Bash...) and config/automation frameworks (Terraform, Kustomize, Helm...)
- Willing to share knowledge with your peers and communicate regularly about project updates
- Fluent in written and spoken English - we’re an international company and this is our main business language
- A culture of sharing, we are a very unified team who work collaboratively ensuring that you’re supported while learning and growing with others.
- As our organisation grows, there will be learning, development and leadership opportunities across projects and initiatives within both Infrastructure and our cross-cutting Technical Crews, aligned with our Engineering pillars of Reliability, Security, Scalability, Quality and Efficiency.
- You’ll be surrounded by an incredible team of hackers and hustlers.
- We have recently launched a no Thursday morning meeting and a flexible working hours structure to allow you to manage your work-life balance better.
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
- Lunch 60% funded by Spendesk (Swile Card)
- 9 RTT in 2023 on a pro-rata basis, in addition to your 25 paid holiday days
- Alan Premium health insurance
- A Gymlib pass to let off steam after a productive day at work
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Access to Vendredi allowing us to change the world
- Latest Apple equipment (MacBook Air)
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.