User Care Team Manager
Customer Success /
Who are we?
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to help companies spend smarter. We’re based in Paris and Berlin but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 with eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 1,400+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised three rounds of funding: €2 million, €8 million and €35 million in september 2019 which came from Index ventures.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 15 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
Our team values
*We’re all owners
*Go for it boldly and without fear of failure.
*Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
*Proactively seek out ways to grow.
*Always run the extra mile
As of today we are an international team of 5 people based in our Paris HQ, serving 1500 customers and aiming to have 3000 of them at the end of 2020. Our team will continue to grow over the coming months & years as we are going after a big & bold growth (X2-X3 every year in term of customers & users).
What will be your mission?
Vision,Customer voice & collaboration:
- Build and hold the vision of what is Customer Care @Spendesk
- Define the level of service & the delightful experience we want to provide to our customers aligned with the vision of the Customer Success @Spendesk
- Share with our Head of Product & PMM the pain points and needs identified to make sure we provide the best possible product & services to our customers. You are one of the main customer voice within Spendesk !
- Manage with Product & Tech teams issues that require high escalation and help the team in providing clear communication to the customers until the issue is solved
- Ensure effective collaboration of the care team with other functions
- Evangelize within the organization on the importance of customer care (i.e. share knowledge, articles, podcast, summary of meet up, benchmarks, etc...)
- Design in collaboration with our Head of Customer Success the organization you will need to put in place in the mid & long term taking into account our international footprint
- Lead hiring for the team to build a successful international User Care team
- Ensure effective ramp up of new team members
- Run weekly 1-1 with each team member to understand challenges faced & coach them on resolution
- Responsible for the continuous development of the team (production of individual development plan to improve strengths) & the training of the team
- Handle planning of the team anticipating "rush period" vs. "low period"
- Responsible of the work ethics/culture, well-being & retention of the team
- Responsible for performance within the team
- Increasing satisfaction by developing the best possible customer relationship & experience when contacting us (CSAT)
- Ensuring a high quality in the responses
- Ensuring a low ticket resolution time & low ticket backlog
- Ensuring a high contribution of the team to update our online support resources & build new assets (i.e. knowledge base, saved replies)
- Review and improve the KPI we monitor in coordination with the CS Ops & Data team
- Responsible for on time & accurate reporting of the teama ctivity & performance
- Responsible for weekly routines & operating routines : animation of team weekly meeting, team retrospective, etc..
Automation & process optimization
- Review and optimize the processes in place in coordination with our CS Ops and make sure of their effective application
- Identify & prioritize low valued added tasks that could be automatized with the support of our enablement tech team
- Identify activities that are currently done by Onboarding Manager & CSM that could be taken care of by the User Care team
Project & resources
- Identify in collaboration with the rest of the team, the Operations team & the Head of Customer Success projects that need to be conducted to prepare for growing demand coming to care team (scale up)
- Ensure overall progress of projects defined vs. initial objective
- Ensure that our Help Center is up to date and consistent with the best-in-class experience we want to offer to our customers
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- At least 4 years of experience in Customer Care or Customer Success
- You have a first significant experience in management in a fast-paced, data-driven environment (at least 2 years)
- You have successfully structured & scale at least 1 support / care department
- Significant interest for Tech
- Experience in SaaS industry (at least 2 years) in a small medium size company is a plus
- Management of people in remote is a plus
- Familiarity with Intercom is a plus
- Experience in Fintech is a plus