Growth Engineer – Backend
Who are we?
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to help companies spend smarter. We’re based in Paris and Berlin but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 with eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 1,400+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised three rounds of funding: €2 million, €8 million and €35 million in september 2019 which came from Index ventures.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 15 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
When we’re not coding, writing, demoing, and helping answer questions, you’ll find us eating sushi, playing Nerf war, traveling abroad, and having a drink after a good day at work.
Our team values
*We’re all owners
*Go for it boldly and without fear of failure.
*Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
*Proactively seek out ways to grow.
*Always run the extra mile
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a developer, it can be rare to see the output of your work quickly and the impact of your code on the business. In the Growth Team at Spendesk, every project, feature we launch help the company to grow! You will be part of a technical team with a business mindset, figuring out how we can innovate to increase the revenue of Spendesk.
– You will join the growth engineering team already composed of 3 engineers.
– You will focus on delivering experiments at a high velocity to accelerate innovation in the company (eg. https://collect.spendesk.com).
– You will launch initiatives to maintain and scale the growth engineering stack
– You will improve metrics, analytics, and experimentation infrastructures
– You will work on our outbound prospect management machine to increase lead qualification and revenue in the company
- You enjoy developing features on an experimental basis, knowing that while some may succeed many will fail
- You are satisfied to be driven by business KPIs and metrics
- You have a strong experience in backend development such as NodeJS, Ruby, Elixir, Python
- You are able to deal with different profiles from the marketing to the business team
- You are rigorous with code quality and other engineering best practices (testability, maintainability, design patterns, architecture)
- You are familiar with Test Driven Design and Continuous Integration
- You are comfortable with DevOps aspects (especially AWS)
- You have good knowledge in relational databases concepts and SQL
- Bonus: You are fluent with NodeJS, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Bonus: You're familiar with tools like Segment, Hull, Zapier, ...
- You are an AUTODIDACT
- You are HUMBLE
- You are WELL ORGANIZED
- You are A GREAT COMMUNICATOR (both written and oral)
- You are DATA DRIVEN, can build reporting
- You are a HACKER: you are comfortable with ambiguity, you love technical challenges, to prototype and to find creative ways to solve problems in the shortest timeframe.
- You are a DOER: “tomorrow” is not part of your vocabulary. You get shit done!
- You are a CONSTANT LEARNER: you can structure product initiatives like Beta tests and segmented roll-outs to maximize learning in order to iterate on the product
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY ?
- The Growth Team is Based in San Francisco 🇺🇸 and Paris 🇫🇷
- Key moment to join Spendesk in term of growth and opportunities 🚀
- Competitive salary, based on experience 💸
- Open for remote 🔭 and hours friendly 🕰
- The laptop of your choice 💻
- Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit🤘
- The most incredible team in town 👫👯👬
- 13 Nationalities, half of the company don't speak French. 🇩🇪🇬🇧🇦🇹🇲🇦🇩🇿🇧🇪🇨🇮🇮🇪🇺🇸🇦🇺🇳🇿🇰🇿🇫🇷
- Cool offices located in the Silicon Sentier (75010, Paris)
- Free snacks and coffee ☕
- Gifts powered by Briq, our internal virtual currency 🦄
- Thursday's beers 🍻with the team
- Lunchr cards 💳🍽
- Transportation (50%)