Head of Sales France
Who are we?
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to help companies spend smarter. We’re based in Paris and Berlin but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 with eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 1,400+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised three rounds of funding: €2 million, €8 million and €35 million in september 2019 which came from Index ventures.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 15 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
Our team values
*We’re all owners
*Go for it boldly and without fear of failure.
*Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
*Proactively seek out ways to grow.
*Always run the extra mile
We have a newly created position to lead our French sales team which is a result of growth in the organisation and we are looking for an experienced leader who can manage the expansion of the French Sales team to x3 in 2020 in term of headcount and revenue.
France is our first and one of 3 core markets which we have ambitious plans for expanding. This role would sit on the revenue leadership team and be responsible for the largest of the sales teams.
The role will be in charge of developing business plans to meet our expansion goals and coordinating with our marketing, growth, operations & customer success teams to reach pipeline target & new business target. You will also be tasked with overseeing the activities and performance of the French sales team by tracking sales goals, setting individual sales targets, and facilitate the ongoing training of the group.
You are a seasoned sales leader within the B2B SaaS domain, having managed team leaders whilst also being a player coach on larger opportunities. You are both driving the business strategy for the market development whilst creating the processes and growth plans to develop the team at every level.
What will you do ?
Sales strategy & execution on the market
- Hire & grow the team, we have 12 in the team currently and we wish to grow the group sustainably and substantially in the coming 18 months
- Accountable for pipeline generation & new sales of the team and assisting in client engagement for bigger deals as we move upsegment and the team scales
- Reporting & performance analysis in coordination with sales operations and data teams
- Develop a profitable & scalable sales process in France across our different target segments (SMBs & mid-market)
- Work on tactical plans with individual contributors, team leads and business partners to hit monthly & quarterly target
- Partnering closely with Marketing, Product, Customer Success and Revenue Operations teams to ensure long-term success on the market
The first 12 months will consist of:
- Grow the business x3
- Grow the team sustainably x3
The perfect fit
- 6+ years sales experience in a high growth software or saas environment targeting SMBs or mid-market companies
- 2-3 years of experience managing Team leaders or Managers
- Deep understanding of the entire funnel of the sales cycle and profound practical experience of each of the stages
- Data driven & process-oriented
- Deep proficiency in using Salesforce & at ease with BI tools
- Native in French & professional level in English
- Strong ability to coach and bring teams to higher performance standards and hitting targets
- Proven track record of sustained target achievement
- 3-4 years of experience in leadership position in a sales organization leading 20+