Banking product owner
Who are we?
We’re Spendesk, a FinTech SaaS Platform on a mission to help companies spend smarter. We’re based in Paris and Berlin but serve great teams all across Europe. We believe there’s a better way to manage team spend, and we’re building the platform to do just that. With Spendesk, employees can pay for what they need without creating more work for the finance team.
Spendesk was founded in June 2016 with eFounders, a startup studio in Paris. Drivy, Konbini, Dataiku, and Deezer were among our first customers, and now we’re proud to say we serve 1,400+ fast-growing companies.
We’ve raised three rounds of funding: €2 million, €8 million and €35 million in september 2019 which came from Index ventures.
As a team, we’re driven by our values and our focus on big growth. We’re an ambitious, international group with 15 nationalities represented today. At the heart, we believe people do their best work when they’re giving freedom to create and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Our tribe is growing fast. Come join us on this journey.
When we’re not coding, writing, demoing, and helping answer questions, you’ll find us eating sushi, playing Nerf war, traveling abroad, and having a drink after a good day at work.
Our team values
*We’re all owners
*Go for it boldly and without fear of failure.
*Be kind, humble & trustworthy.
*Proactively seek out ways to grow.
*Always run the extra mile
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Following our series B funding round, we want to accelerate the development of our banking team to:
- offer more value to our customers, thanks to additional financial services and well-managed operations;
- reduce the level of risk due to important dependencies to a limited number of small partners;
- improve our revenues and gross margin coming from this banking stack.
In this context, we're building a team of payment experts to internalize some banking technologies and leverage to its maximum potential the partnerships with external service providers.
Working closely with our banking product director and dedicated software engineers, you will be responsible of managing the backlog and delivering new payment services to serve our product and customers.
More specifically, your scope will include the following:
- Collect feedback from customer facing teams and other product squads
- Deliver functional specifications, in collaboration with engineers and other banking team members
- Manage the delivery at the sprint level: lead sprint planning, backlog grooming and retro sessions
- Manage feature releases with the help of product marketing
- Communicate the release plan and update stakeholders accordingly
- Contribute to project management involving partners and external providers.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2 - 4 years of experience as product owner;
- Outstanding project management skills: has driven 3+ months projects with great outputs in terms of timeline and project quality.
- Good knowledge in payment services: "modèle 4 coins", authorization vs settlement, interchange, compliance (KYB, UBOs, PSD2, AML)
- You are HUMBLE
- You are an ORGANISED PERSON
- You are a DOER: “tomorrow” is not part of your vocabulary. You get shit done!
- Strong drive
- Laser focus / attention to details
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Key moment to join Spendesk in term of growth and opportunities 🚀
- Competitive salary, based on experience 💸
- Open for remote 🔭and flexible hours 🕰
- The laptop of your choice 💻
- Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit🤘
- The most incredible team in town 👫👯👬
- 13 Nationalities, half of the company don't speak French. 🇩🇪🇬🇧🇦🇹🇲🇦🇩🇿🇧🇪🇨🇮🇮🇪🇺🇸🇦🇺🇳🇿🇰🇿🇫🇷
- Cool offices located in the Silicon Sentier (75010, Paris)
- Free snacks and coffee ☕
- Gifts powered by Briq, our internal virtual currency 🦄
- Thursday's beers 🍻with the team
- Lunchr cards 💳🍽
- Transportation (50%)