Director of Operations
Executive Leadership Team – Executive Leadership Team /
We’re looking for a Director of Operations based in Paris to provide leadership to our 20+ colleagues (Payments, Account and KYC Operations Teams) located in France, U.K and Germany and set strategic goals for maximizing operational efficiency and scalability across our growing spend management and payment business.
As Director of Operations for our regulated Payment Institution in France, you will directly report to the CEO of Spendesk Financial Services. You will develop, enhance, and monitor operational systems and processes to ensure efficiency and unique customer experience but also define suitable operational performance metrics with our Customer Success leadership team to drive key behaviours and controls, that support our mission and vision at Spendesk.
- Proactively analyse, streamline, and enhance existing European and UK operations using advanced data analytics, strong management skills and developing lean approach for efficiency and engagement.
- Own and develop KPIs for day-to-day operational tasks, to ensure efficiency and timeliness of delivery with a strong compliance and risk culture.
- Develop a culture of innovation and continuous improvement across all operational functions (Payment, Account and KYC Operations), encouraging creative solutions and the exploration of emerging technologies, including integration of AI technologies for automation and better Customer Experience
- Take ownership of major change and growth initiatives in the EEA and UK regions across all operational functions in coordination with our Compliance, Product, Design & Engineering, Customer Success, and Sales teams.
- Support effective change management, working with the SFS leadership team to ensure that operational processes and products are aligned with team structures, capabilities, and our OKR / KPI
- Recruit, develop and nurture future operational analysts and leaders with a focus on innovation and data approaches
Who we are looking for:
- Demonstrated experience as a Director of Operations in the Payment and KYC Domains (Digital Banking or Fintech companies)
- Experience scaling in high-growth international organisations
- Experience implementing relevant technology solutions, and utilising advanced data analytics to drive outcomes, process enhancement, and operational excellence
- Experience heading up and inspiring teams, with a track record of developing and mentoring future leaders
- Experience spearheading major change initiatives, adept at managing transitions and aligning new processes with organizational goals and team capabilities
- Deep understanding of payment & financial services trends and insights for the mid-market segment, with an ability to tailor operations for enhanced customer experience and satisfaction
- Ability to set and achieve Company strategic objectives, aligning operational goals with the company's mission and vision, and driving significant improvements in scalability and efficiency
- Experience in managing budgets and financial resources within an operations department, ensuring effective and efficient use of resources
- Define, own, and manage core payment operations, core metrics including our KPIs in the area of payment acceptance rates, payment performance, conversion, compliance, cost, and more.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Customer Success, Product and Engineering to solve operational challenges and deliver enhanced CX
- Recruit, manage, lead, train and motivate a team of Payment and KYC professionals across different geographies (EEA and UK), ensuring the team builds and maintains a deep understanding of our regulatory requirements, operations initiatives and customers success criteria
- Assess and manage changing payment landscapes and evolving industry trends whilst remaining current on all changes to regulations and systems ·
- Establish and revise processes and controls, enforce and implement compliance directives, review system enhancements, and assess operational and fraud risks
- Act as a primary POC with payment strategic partners and critical third parties to resolve ongoing production issues and manage SLAs
What we need:
- Fluency in both (French & English) written and spoken
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance or a related field (Payments, Technology)
- Advance knowledge of payment systems, region specific rules and regulations
- KYC and Payment operations experience across payment / fintech / financial services industry is an advantage
- Strong management and mentoring skills
- Expert experience managing, leading and building a wider international team
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills, with the ability to use data and metrics to drive improvements in payment operations
- Experienced owning and and solving complex payment issues
- Understanding of Compliance, AML/KYC policies and procedures
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
- Lunch 60% funded by Spendesk (Swile Card)
- 9 RTT in 2024 on a pro-rata basis, in addition to your 25 paid holiday days (for Permanent and Fixed term employees only)
- Alan Premium health insurance
- A Gymlib pass to let off steam after a productive day at work
- Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
- Access to Vendredi allowing us to change the world
- Latest Apple equipment
- Great office snacks to fuel your day
- A positive team to work with daily!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.