Senior Test Infrastructure Engineer
Space Communications /
Sphinx is hiring a Senior Test Infrastructure Engineer to join our team working with the US Space Force to build a cutting edge communications platform for US government satellites. As a Senior Test Infrastructure Engineer you will build and maintain high quality automated functional testing infrastructure, drive the selection of the tools and testing patterns used by the engineering organization, and be an evangelist for best testing practices. We’re searching for a team member who is passionate about high quality engineering and who can support teammates with the necessary tools to confidently and easily test & release application code multiple times a day.
We're looking for a track record of the following:
- Building multi-tenant services on public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Developing and consuming APIs and services as part of platform ecosystem
- Developing and/or maintaining services which automatically test software
- Willingness to own a technical problem end-to-end
- A habit of self-directed learning of new technologies
- The ability to work well with a team
- The ability to communicate clearly in writing and through documentation
You might be a good fit if:
- You have at least 3 years’ of software engineering experience with progressive responsibilities
- You have experience architecting and building APIs and Test Infrastructure services
- You have familiarity with testing tools and frameworks such as Cucumber, Eggplant, Robot Framework, etc.
- You can demonstrate in-depth knowledge of at least one commercial cloud platform
- Are comfortable working with some ambiguity
- You’ve made enough mistakes and booked enough wins to know what not to build and know what good looks like.
Sphinx builds software to solve complex national security problems for America and its allies. Founded by engineers and technologists with deep experience across commercial and defense technology, we were frustrated by the outdated and insecure technology America's service members are forced to rely on. We're here to do better.
We’re focused on building modern, scalable products with an emphasis on using open source technologies. Expect talented, motivated, and interesting colleagues who emphasize collaboration, transparency, and individual responsibility.
The base compensation range for this position is 160-185k/year, and includes meaningful equity ownership, profit sharing, employer 401(k) contribution, and 100% employer covered medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents. We work across time zones and are very accommodating of flexible schedules.
Eligibility: The position is only open to US Citizens. This is a full time, remote (anywhere in the US) position.