San Francisco, CA
Operations – Operations
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
The Vice President of Operations is a key role at Spin, responsible for building a world class operations team capable of scaling our fleet of electric vehicles and growing our ridership. You will work closely with the rest of our leadership team to shape the strategic direction for our business, and be responsible for ensuring every day operational activities run smoothly and effectively.
We're looking for a proven leader who has deep operational experience, and has built and managed sizable teams at scale. This is a highly visible role that will help shape one of the fastest growing companies in the personal mobility space.
- Take the lead in defining Spin's operations strategy, processes and structure to achieve company targets.
- Recruit and lead a high performance operations organization that launches and manages electric vehicles efficiently in every market.
- Oversee the supply chain from purchase order to delivery, including order fulfillment, shipping and receiving, and fleet management.
- Own the P&L for all markets, working with local GMs and ops managers to grow ridership and reduce costs.
- Rigorously measure operational metrics and KPIs, and make data driven decisions.
- Experiment and innovate to bring Spin's operations to the next level.
- 10+ years of supervisory, management, or leadership experience in operations, or equivalent field, with experience in rapidly growing and scaling an operations organization.
- 3+ years of being an operations executive in a multi-city service, experience in the field of transportation preferred.
- Previous P&L responsibility.
- Deep knowledge of launching in new markets, domestically and internationally.
- Strong experience managing high performing, cross functional and geographically diverse teams.
- A track record of quantitative decision-making and analytical problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work well with executives, and able to lead and influence across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization.
- Low ego, entrepreneurial and forward thinking mind-set, with a low tolerance for anything less than excellence.
- Experience working with public regulators is preferred.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.