Mobile Product Engineer - iOS, Android, React Native
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Mobile
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
Our mobile app is the core of our user experience. We are looking for product engineers to take ownership of our mobile app and work closely with the product and design team to build an amazing experience for our users. You'll come in on the ground floor of a fast-growing startup and lead the charge on all things mobile. Expect to move fast, ship things, and have a big say in product decisions. We are currently using React Native but are moving to a completely native Android and iOS solution.
Our engineering team consists of engineers that are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
We promote being a more well rounded engineer by working on different parts of the engineering stack. We also work in very small groups to keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and accountability to perform the work required to build the best product.
- Implement new product features for our Spin Operations and Spin Consumer apps
- Work closely with product and design teams to refine the features we build
- Collaborate and participate in building full-scale features with the backend team
- Deliver quality software through comprehensive code reviews and automated testing
- Write automated unit and integration tests to ensure a stable and quality app
- Push your team forward onto the latest and greatest, be it engineering practices, libraries, tools or products
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant, professional experience in mobile development (iOS, Android, or React Native)
- You have worked with a team of people to build an entire product end-to-end
- You have published and maintained something on the app store built with Swift, Java, or Kotlin
- You have experience with either iOS or Android native development
- You have fiddled with the latest iOS or Android
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.