Process Engineer, Sustaining
San Francisco, CA
Operations – Supply Chain
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
- Be the technical lead and proactively support field sustaining activities on vehicle operations for the markets, understand the full life cycle process of the vehicles from how they are assembled in the factory, to how they are being used in the field to how to decommission them.
- You will be the technical point of contact for all vehicles issues across 30+ markets
- Grow a fleet management technical service team in charge of fleet repair and reliability. Driving creation of processes and programs to help ensure the ongoing sustainability of the business
- Assist in the opening of repair centers, optimizing layout, standardizing tools and repair operationsEnsure our markets are equipped to handle repairs quickly and efficiently through recurring training and availability of clear support documentation.
- Conduct or oversee failure analysis on issues on the field until root cause is determined
- Gather requirements from markets, customers, and vehicles on the field to design and build tools, fixtures, and processes that improve the efficiency of repair operations, lower the cost of deployment, and improve the serviceability of the Spin fleet
- Participate in product design and reliability reviews during new product development and influence the product design and manufacturing processes to improve serviceability, reduce cost, and improve durability
- Own and constantly improve service quality reporting and failure data across all markets.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in an electro-mechanical manufacturing/service environment with demonstrated success leading resolution of challenging production issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Ability to travel (10%)
- Experience in multiple consumer electronics product launches in a fast-paced production ramping environment
Nice to Haves
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling tools and comfortable with modifying 2D drawings
- Electric vehicle manufacturing/service experience
- Experience interacting with overseas contract manufacturing partners is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.