Recruiting Manager, Corporate
San Francisco, CA
People – Recruiting
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
As Spin continues to rapidly grow, we need an outstanding recruiting leader to partner with our hiring managers to define and implement strategies that support our mission of building a world class team. You'll lead, manage, and develop the team for its next stage of growth, and will also be tasked with implementing innovative sourcing strategies and programs aimed at attracting passive prospects.
You should have a knack for telling a story with data and partnering closely with hiring teams to grow and cultivate talent networks across the US. This position will act as a true partner to the business to identify talent gaps, implement sourcing tools and processes and ensure we have robust programs for diversity, employer branding and an engaging candidate experience. You're enthusiastic about the company mission and about building something for the long haul. This is a fun role with a great team under you and the opportunity to grow enormously.
- Own and implement innovative recruiting and sourcing strategies to support the growing needs of the business
- Manage and lead a team of recruiters to successfully deliver on hiring targets and increase productivity
- Responsible for driving overall success of team including managing prioritization, delegation, and overall accountability of team
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and career development to the Recruiting Team
- Use data to evaluate, streamline, and optimize current hiring processes, including candidate experience, sourcing, interviews, events, etc.
- Source, recruit, and manage your own job requisition workload. This is a player/coach role.
- Create and distribute data, metrics and performance reports on a regular basis
- Strategize with VP, People and hiring managers to deliver on recruiting plans
- Partner closely with hiring managers, finance, and People Operations to ensure headcount alignment
- Partner with functional leaders and hiring managers to develop a collaborative partnership for all recruiting efforts, manage expectations, and meet hiring goals and timeline.
- Use performance metrics and feedback from hiring managers and candidates to review the effectiveness of assessment tools, sourcing channels, employer brand strategy and talent acquisition efforts.
- Report out progress of the recruiting pipeline, flagging hot spots and recommend creative solutions.
- Innovate on sourcing and recruiting strategies, recommending process adjustments, new tools and best practices
- Run regular team syncs, diagnose, unblock and resolve issues, and meet the teams' needs in order to be successful
- Be responsible for driving overall success of the team including managing prioritization, delegation, and overall accountability of team
- 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, plus 2+ years of experience managing and scaling a team
- Experience recruiting for technical/engineering, sales and executive level roles highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to recruit for all levels of an organization
- Proven track record in delivering on hiring goals
- Has developed a recruiting strategy including a plan for how to leverage different sourcing methods, expanding employee referral programs and leveraging other tools and resources to source talent
- Ability to be a player/coach and to source and manage your own job requisitionsStrong leadership skills.
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and influence across the organization at all levels.
- Ability to motivate and inspire a recruiting team and stay calm during high pressure recruiting cycles.
- Team player, proactive and willing to roll up sleeves to get the job doneBe a coach, who is seen as a mentor and manager to the team
- Recruit great talent onto the team and help support their development and career growth
- Has effectively built, mentored, and trained a team of recruiters. Experience providing job requisition prioritization for recruiters
- Ability to build strong partnerships with leaders at all levels of the organizationGenuine passion for developing and leading peopleStrong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to build effective recruiting and sourcing strategies that contribute to the team's hiring goals
- Ability to motivate and inspire a recruiting team and stay calm during high pressure recruiting cycles
- Ability to drive and complete projects executing against timelines
- A deep understanding of technology, market trends, and talent strategy
- Ability to thrive and be able to prioritize in a constantly changing environment
- Trustworthy in handling sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Has history of strong cross functional partnerships and can provide specific examples of how they have influenced change in organizations that do not report into them
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.