Manufacturing Engineer, NPI
San Francisco, CA
Operations – Supply Chain
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
- Interface cross-functionally with Product Design teams and provide DFM feedback throughout the product development cycle.
- Influence the design process to improve manufacturability for yield, reliability, and ease of assemblyProvide high-quality engineering solutions in both process development and mechanical fixture design to ensure timely and successful product manufacturing ramps
- Work with overseas contract manufacturers and suppliers to develop assembly and test fixtures
- Manage production line bring up with contract manufacturing partners and suppliersIdentify and capitalize on opportunities to improve manufacturing flow, throughput, and yield at contract manufacturing partners
- Provide daily support to overseas manufacturing operations to solve manufacturing process or quality issues as they arise
- Establish processes for monitoring and reporting manufacturing performance
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment with demonstrated success leading resolution of challenging production issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Ability to travel internationally (15%)
- Experience in multiple consumer electronics product launches in a fast-paced production ramping environment
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Monitoring Systems (MES, SPC, etc) and how to apply manufacturing statistics and design of experiments
- Experience working with overseas contract manufacturing partners
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of Surface Mount Technology (SMT) manufacturing processes and ability to conduct failure analysis
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling tools and comfortable with modifying 2D drawings
- Electric vehicle manufacturing experience
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.