Public Policy Associate
San Francisco, CA
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
- Work closely with team members to help develop and implement Spin’s public policy priorities.
- Assist with drafting written content, including redlines, formal comments, outreach collateral, formal submissions, and permit applications.
- Help ensure that Spin’s operations, engineering, and partnerships teams are educated and compliant with applicable regulations and deadlines in individual jurisdictions.
- Help spearhead specific projects, such as policy initiatives on data, equity, and state-level policy.
- Monitor and analyze legislative and regulatory trends across the country.
- Help engage with outside stakeholders to advance Spin’s policy and political priorities.
- 3+ years experience of relevant professional experience, such as in the transportation, government, public policy, or politics.
- Plusses: Background in equity policy, state-level policy, and/or data policy.
- Strategic, creative-minded team-player and doer.
- Flawless writing skills.
- Experience in spearheading projects.
- Passionate about advancing accessible, sustainable modes of personal mobility.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership.
- Great health benefits.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Daily lunches.
- Commuter benefits, including free Spin credits every month.
- Monthly cellphone bill stipend.
- Generous travel and expense policy.
- Competitive salary.