People Partner (HR Business Partner)
People – People Operations
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About this role
We’re looking for a dynamic People Partner (Human Resources Business Partner) to support and enable our business leaders and their teams to be successful. We’re a hyper-growth organization so your impact is critical in helping us develop our talent as we continue to grow.
As our People Partner, you will advise on all things People-related including performance management, talent development, leadership coaching, training, employee relations, employment laws, compliance, and organizational design. You are skilled at using both qualitative and quantitative data to perform root cause analysis, identify trends, tell a story, and develop innovative ways to build people processes and programs while also ensuring your teams are engaged and have the resources to be successful. In your work, you will uphold our values and amplify the success of our business and products through our most important asset: our people.
This position is based in Hyattsville, Maryland.
- Provide strategic partnership, consulting, and coaching to your designated business leaders and their teams by aligning our People strategies with the business and also ensuring employee advocacy and fairness
- Craft and implement creative and progressive talent management strategies tailored to your business teams, addressing retention, performance management, and career development needs
- Partner with your business leaders to design, manage, improve, and support key People-related initiatives and programs including compensation, career development, performance management, employee relations, change management, training, organizational design, etc.
- Onboard, coach, and guide new managers to our processes and organization
- Assist in launching new markets by providing People Operations support
- Ensure we are in compliance with employment laws
- Understand Spin’s business, values and culture to guide your recommendations and decision-making
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective employee relations investigations
- Love problem solving and recommending practical solutions that can scale
- Thrive in a hyper-growth, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative data in order to recommend talent management strategies and inform trends in People-related programs
- Help with the design, implementation, and maintenance of People initiatives and programs
- Act as a culture ambassador, fostering diversity and inclusion
- Mentor and coach other members of our People Operations team
- You’ve done this before—you have experience in a high-growth startup environment with constant change as your companion; 4+ years of experience working as a People Partner, HR Manager, or similar role
- Experience working for a company with a high number of hourly employees
- Ability to travel to our office/warehouse locations
- You’re a relationship builder who is self-aware, a strong communicator who works with managers/leaders to establish credibility quickly and possess strong consulting skills
- Demonstrated understanding of People Operations practices including organization design, talent strategy, performance management, change management, career development, compensation, and employment law
- Track record of providing HR advice and solutions to senior leaders and individuals on employee and organizational issues
- Demonstrated integrity via assertiveness, presence, and confidence. Strong influencing skills with managers and leaders.
- Excellent judgement and problem-solving capabilities as well as the ability to make thoughtful decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with strong presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills, great follow through on tasks, and you are able to juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to manage challenging issues to closure and help managers build high-performing teams
- Creative problem solver, able to manage decision-making independently, and “think like an owner” when it comes to aligning People strategies and goals with your designated business teams’ strategies and goals
- Eagerness to learn and grow within People Operations
- Ability to effectively handle and protect sensitive and confidential company information
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.