Director of Service Repair Operations
San Francisco, CA
Operations – Supply Chain
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
- Work closely with Regional and Operations management to oversee daily Markets’ service and repair operations to ensure delivery of excellent results quarter after quarter, month after month, on all aspects of service repairs, performance KPI’s
- Partners with Supply Chain to ensure inventory, calibration, and safety stock levels are optimized for refurbished inventory, parts and spares.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to ensure that service and repair activities and products delivered are compliant with the company’s quality standards. Identify areas for improvements, and work with key stakeholders to help drive enhancement projects
- Collaborate with internal team leaders across business functions to drive project execution (engineering, Ops, supply chain, quality, logistics, safety, accounts payable, etc.)
- Ensure process alignment at all Markets. Spearhead efforts to revise or edit process and training document, as needed, to ensure ongoing continued success
- Regularly audits work being done to ensure all standards are in compliance and that repair work is carried out effectively, correctly, and thoroughly
- Setup reporting process to provide regular adjustments to parts and consumables forecasts, working closely with the company’s Supply-Chain and Logistics Teams to ensure parts availability worldwide
- Setting up and managing relationships of in house or third party service repair centers for oversight, training, and support designing and implementing operational metrics for service and repair
- Develop and conduct training requirements across all Markets’ mechanic community. Track and report all information tied to repair operations. Use data to optimize processes, creatively solve problems, and track results
- 8+ years of experience in management within the hardware industry preferred or relevant work experience managing in manufacturing, automotive, or robotics industries.
- Bachelor's Degree, Engineering a plus
- Ability to establish repeatable, high-quality processes, be able to understand SOPs and demonstrate understanding through speech and/or written form
- Process/operations experience: strong and proven experience leading field, technical repair or manufacturing teams in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment with strong customer-facing responsibilities.
- Experience running complex processes using Six Sigma and Lean.
- Solution-oriented, demonstrating a high ability to identify the root cause of problems and develop solutions
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and follow through with a "hands-on", "can-do" positive attitude.
- Ability to drive change management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to follow instructions
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.