San Francisco, CA
Operations – Supply Chain
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About this role
Spin is seeking a Procurement Specialist to join our global Supply Chain Operations team. The role will need be proactive, detail oriented, and autonomous with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment. As a Procurement Specialist, you will interface with many individuals across the organization, so the ability to collaborate well and communicate effectively with all levels of management is crucial.
- The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for leading the global Supply Chain Operations team purchasing function by engaging with current and future suppliers.
- The candidate will centralize and process procurement requests from quote to delivery.
- In addition, the individual will support strategic planning by using analytics to identify potential areas of improvement.
- The role requires a proactive, detail oriented, and autonomous approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- The Procurement Specialist will interface with many individuals across the organization, and will have the ability to collaborate well and communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- 1-3 years of experience in Procurement, Sourcing or Supply Chain
- Generate and place purchase orders to support sourcing activities for Operations.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure proper and timely processing of Purchase Order invoices.
- Lead the purchasing and supply chain management process to support operational needs.
- Reconcile supplier invoices, and oversee payments management.
- Review and write summaries of contract financial terms for Operations and Finance teams and lead the resolution process with team members on contract issues and exceptions.
- Establish and develop strong working relationships within the Operations team.
- Lead the development and implementation of the procurement workflow within Netsuite.
- Report on purchasing activities company wide, and leverage available analytics to inform changes and improvements.
- Other duties as assigned within the Supply Chain Operations organization.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.