Social Media Manager
San Francisco, CA
Marketing – Marketing
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the role
Spin is looking for a creative, collaborative, and motivated Social Media Manager to join a growing marketing team and lead our organic social media efforts. In this role you will be responsible for day-to-day management of the Spin social media channels - planning, creating, posting and measuring organic social media content performance.
We are looking for someone with both a creative and analytical edge. An outside-of-the box thinker with their pulse on new social media tools and platforms, and an innate understanding of what type of content and copy cuts through the noise and connects with our riders.
- Create, plan, and post social media content to drive brand loyalty and engagement
- Work cross-functionally to develop social calendars that align with city launches, policy events, brand moments, and more
- Lead daily community management - proactively monitor, engage, and respond to key social media conversations
- Collaborate with Content & Social Media Lead to build out organic content strategies and brand voice
- Deliver regular performance reports to drive analysis and insights of organic social media performance
- 2-3 years social media marketing experience
- Experience creating shot lists and managing photoshoots
- Experience with social media management tools such as Sprout, Hootsuite, Social Studio, etc
- Basic understanding of photoshop and/or graphic design tools
- Basic understanding of paid social media
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- A love for creative copy and ability to write clear, engaging copy on the fly
- Highly organized, with experience coordinating multiple projects at once
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Photography and videography capture and editing experience
- A personal portfolio of dynamic, unique, and inspiring social content
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.