Operations – Market Launch
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
As a launcher, you are the first “boots-on-the-ground” representative for new Spin markets. In each new city, you will run through an operational playbook, including recruiting a team, finding warehouse space, working with city regulators, and testing and iterating on various operational models. This role requires great project management skills and a determination to “hustle” and get things done.
- Build a launch plan and budget for each market you're launching to operationalize a fleet of scooters in a matter of weeks
- Recruit and build out a foundation for a strong local operational team
- Grow initial ridership through launch marketing campaigns in close coordination with HQ
- Be the initial operations point-of-contact for city regulators, local businesses, and riders.
- Continually innovate on launch playbooks to help scale our other cities
- Work cross-functionally with our Ops, Eng, and BD teams to streamline processes
- 2 - 4 years of operations management, consulting, banking or tech background
- Analytical background: you can mold and understand data to drive action and results
- Project management experience with an obsession over details
- Excellent communication skills: collaborate effectively across internal teams and work with local governments and businesses
- An entrepreneurial spirit - no problems with getting your hands dirty
- Flexibility to travel 70-80% of the year
- Location is flexible, ideally you'd be based in bigger cities where we have scooters.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.