San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Engineering
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
Spin is growing rapidly. The composition of its distributed systems, mobile clients and IoT devices are perfect opportunity for an experienced Security Architect to make an impact and drive the evolution of our services, designs and technologies. This role reports into Director of Product & Platform Engineering and spans across mobile, distributed cloud services and IoT device services. In this role, you will collaborate with engineering groups to develop secure systems architectures, identify potential exploits and drive threat mitigations.
- Own product and platforms security across engineering and product organizations to establish standards and best practices
- Translate security requirements into product development roadmap and advocate security standards and methodologies
- Perform technical security assessments, code and design reviews of applications, services and cloud infrastructure
- Generate security compliance criteria against industry standard and maintain continued compliance
- Design and develop security technologies to automate security monitoring, alerting, intrusion and vulnerability detection
- Evaluate and champion relevant emergent security products and technologies
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in security and software engineering
- Broad expertise applying security methodologies to design of cloud services, software products and IoT devices
- Strong knowledge of web protocols, application security, Linux and distributed systems architecture
- Strong technical knowledge in applied cryptography, authentication/authorization and security engineering
- Deep understanding of security attributes, vulnerabilities, attack vectors and mitigation techniques
- Expertise in developing and implementing at least one of identity and access management, SSO, SAML, Open ID, OAuth2 or 2FA
- Software development experience in Scala, Java, Python, Ruby or other relevant languages
- Relevant certifications, such as CISSP, CSSLP or related a definite plus
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.