San Francisco, CA
People – Recruiting
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Recognized for its consistent cooperation and collaboration with cities, Spin partners closely with transportation planners, elected officials, community groups, and university administrators to bring stationless mobility options to streets in a responsible and carefully orchestrated manner.
Based in San Francisco, Spin is a diverse team of engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, lawyers and operators with experience from Y Combinator, Lyft, Uber, local and federal government, and the transportation advocacy world. Spin was known for launching the first stationless mobility program in Seattle, and has since expanded to become the exclusive electric scooter partner in mid-sized cities like Coral Gables, Florida and Lexington, Kentucky, and one of a few permitted scooter operators in large cities like Denver, Detroit, and Washington, D.C. The team embeds in cities and neighborhoods to understand their specific transportation needs, and hires locally from the community.
Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
The Recruiting team is expanding to help scale our incredible team further and to hit aggressive business goals in 2019! Recruiting is part of the People Operations (HR) Department and partners closely with founders, leaders and hiring managers across all teams (as well as external vendors who occasionally augment our efforts) to ensure we bring in the right talent at the right time. We use Fountain, Rippling along with Gsuite, Asana, Quip and other organizational tools to stay on top of our workload. Experience working with these products allows new team members to ramp up more quickly!
- Develop innovative recruiting strategies to recruit hourly to state field level/ non-exempt candidates
- Manage the recruiting process from candidate sourcing, interviewing, selection, negotiation and close
- Source and develop a pool of qualified applicants using leading edge techniques including the internet, professional associations, direct sourcing, networking, community relations efforts, employee referrals, print and electronic media, cold calling, and others
- Post job advertisements on job boards and relevant databases
- Develop process to integrate and utilize Human Resources practices in recruiting life cycle (including creating offer letters and adding new hires in Rippling, Deputy and other database as needed), meet hiring deadlines – review and update procedures and practices as necessary Interact and build successful relationships with hiring managers
- Partner with hiring managers to analyze current and future staffing needs within their departmentsAdvise management on recruitment strategies, sources, special programs, as well as hiring and compensation decisions
- Train hiring team on effective interviewing techniques and how to utilize the current applicant tracking system to review candidates and reply through the system
- Build relationships with candidates and keep them informed on interview process
- Ensure compliance with EEO/Diversity policies and accurately report and track required candidate data
- Represent SPIN at recruiting events, job fairs, networking and other events
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource, Business or other related discipline.
- 1+ years of operations recruiting experience, in-house and/or agency or experience being a recruiting coordinator or sourcer.
- Experience sourcing candidates through multiple channels (web/social/professional networks).Has built and maintains a broad network of professional relationships.
- Prior start-up experience.
- Excellent verbal and communication.
- Strong organization skills and diligence in having a self starter mentality and a strong work ethic.
- Experience with high volume hourly / non-exempt recruiting (preferred).
- Must thrive and be able to prioritize in a constantly changing environment.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Daily catered lunch in our SF office
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Commuter stipend plus pre-tax benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
-Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.