Technical Product Manager (Remote)
At Spinwheel we’re on a mission to improve the way Americans understand, manage and pay their debt. By giving consumers a full picture of their student loans, credit cards, auto loans, mortgage (the list goes on), we can drive responsible actions to improve financial health. This should live where the consumers are, and our partners use our platform to embed these tools into their own apps.
We are building a team as diverse as the markets we serve. Spinwheel provides you an opportunity to get in early at a fast-paced startup and make an outsized impact while working with a passionate, results-oriented and fun team.
Building out our API platform and low-code UX components, you will enable the next wave of innovation in fintech. You are a detail-oriented technical product manager looking to take on more responsibility and drive the delivery of solutions to help 1) partners integrate our debt offerings and 2) consumers be smarter and savvier about managing loans, credit cards, etc.
As a self starter, you want to be pointed in a direction and given the freedom to bring it all together-- user experience, technical requirements, marketing coordination--into compelling offerings which partners can integrate and consumers will love.
You may not have direct borrowing or lending experience, but a basic understanding of the student debt and U.S. consumer debt ecosystem will be helpful.
- Own product definition and propose solutions to problems with debt faced by consumers
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design and define technical requirements key to delivering the product roadmap
- Manage product backlog and work with the engineering team to plan sprints and deliver releases on time
- Support customer lifecycle, helping them implement, troubleshoot issues, and capture feedback
- Work with customers, prospects and internal stakeholders to define new product features and prioritize them into the backlog
- Dive into data to evaluate, understand, and improve how our products are utilized by partners and end-users
- Manage product backlog, create workflows, write user stories and use cases, and deliver complete requirements to the engineering team
- Review and contribute to API specs
- Drive consensus with technical designs
- Date and delivery oriented with a keen understanding of tradeoffs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate with customers, engineering, and other internal teams
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under pressure
- Natural tendency to be curious, positive and creative
- Team player who collaborates well with others
- Sincere empathy for the customer and a commitment to delving deep into the challenges they present or experience
- Self motivated and work with minimal supervision
- Having student debt is a huge plus
- 4+ years as a technical product manager for a API platform company or a consumer product
Spinwheel offers the chance to get meaningful equity in an early-stage, fast-growing startup. Our other benefits include:
- Remote-first company
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Team Offsite (In 2021 we brought the team to Lake Tahoe)
- And more!