Software Development Engineer — iOS
Spire (YC W15) is looking for an iOS engineer to join our team.
Spire builds respiration sensing wearables that take bio-sensing beyond step tracking. Our product changes lives.
Spire’s first product, a consumer wearable available at https://www.spire.io, uses respiratory patterns to infer a wearer’s state-of-mind (tense, calm, focused). The app provides feedback that's been proven to lower tension and increase calm and focus in everyday life. Clinical applications of the device and technology are currently being piloted.
The Spire sensor continuously and accurately tracks respiratory parameters (such as inhalation and exhalation time, apneic events, etc.) and activity (steps, gait, posture) in realtime, streaming raw data to a smartphone,and ultimately to our infrastructure. Each day we collect, store, and process over 10 billion data points.
You’ll be the key lead on our Apple app team. We ship hardware, firmware, and mobile apps that work seamlessly in concert with a small and dedicated team. This is a role for a generalist who isn't afraid of the technical complexity of real-time connected devices, advanced ML algos and complex health applications.
What you'll do
- Lead development of Spire’s iOS App.
- Own development process from end-to-end though prototyping, validation, implementation, launch, and further iteration.
- Shape the direction of future iOS products at Spire.
What you'll need
- Extensive programming experience with a strong iOS development portfolio. You have nightmares about XCode provisioning profile errors.
- A passion for great UX and a strong user-centric development focus.
- Experience building client applications working seamlessly with SOA backends.
- Solid understanding of OOP and design patterns.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithm complexity analysis.
- Experience profiling and optimizing applications.
- Bonus: experience interacting with connected devices robustly and power efficiently.
What you'll get
- A chance to fundamentally change the way people think about and improve their health.
- Competitive salary and significant equity in a well-funded, high-growth company.
- A defined problem to solve, a close-knit team, and significant opportunities for growth.
- Healthcare, dental, unlimited vacation, and an unlimited Amazon budget.
- Relocation (to SF) and/or visa assistance if needed.
- The opportunity to build an operations team from the ground up.
Work with an incredibly driven team that loves building things together. And never eat lunch at your desk — it’s our only office rule.
Spire’s investors include Y Combinator, Rock Health, Stanford, and major unnamed strategic partners - among others.
Come join us.