UX & Design Lead
Spire builds wearables for mental and physical wellbeing. https://spire.io
We have a product that: people love (http://amzn.to/1meE0AH), changes lives (http://bit.ly/1RzqvIQ ), plays in emerging trends (mindfulness/mental health, productivity), generates top-tier media coverage (hello: Vogue Gift Guide, Time, Outside and many more), collects an extraordinary dataset, and was a top selling wearable this x-mas.
You will be a key early member of this team — leading our user-experience and visual identity.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design a product that people love, stay engaged with, and ultimately makes them healthier, happier, and more fulfilled
- Lead user research initiatives that define the next generation of Spire’s digital offerings
- Lead internal and external design exercises
- Lead Spire’s visual identity; both doing creative design for materials, digital assets, etc. as well as leading other designers in this effort
- Engage with Spire’s product owner in customer interviews, usability testing, and surveys to refine current and future product designs
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least 4 years of experience working as a UX/product designer
- An iterative mindset and experience base
- Extensive experience conducting user interviews and doing user research initiatives
- Experience leading design exercises and engaging team members in the design process
- Strong graphic design skills
- Willingness to learn and try new things.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- The opportunity to lead the design of a complex, innovative, and meaningful product that brings together wearables and digital technology
- A chance to fundamentally change the way people think about and improve their health.
- Competitive salary and significant equity in a well-funded, high-growth company.
- A defined problem to solve, a close-knit team, and significant opportunities for growth.
- Healthcare, dental, unlimited vacation, and an unlimited Amazon budget.
- Relocation (to SF) and/or visa assistance if needed.
Work with an incredibly driven team that loves building things together. And never eat lunch at your desk — it’s our only office rule.
Spire’s investors include Y Combinator, Rock Health, Stanford, and major unnamed strategic partners in the medical device field.
Come join us.