Splend Canada – Growth
Splend is much more than just a vehicle rental start-up company. It is our vision to empower lives globally through providing flexible vehicle access and ownership. Our aim is to be the global market leader in this space by enabling on – demand income opportunities and creating value for our members!
We are a values driven business who pride ourselves on walking the talk; we believe that our six values of ; great team winning culture, value driven, go the extra mile, make a difference, respect and personal accountability are what sets us apart from the rest and makes a truly unique business with a fantastic work environment!
Putting our members first has seen our business become the market leader in Australia. Off the back of that growth and success Splend has expanded globally, launching our business in the Canadian, Mexican and UK markets.
About the Role
- We are looking for a full-time Community Manager to join our team in our very vibrant and fun Mississauga office.
- Our front of house sensei, tech-savvy professional, event planner artiste, brand ambassador and face of Splend. That’s how much you mean to us.
- As our Community Manager, you’ll spend most of your day welcoming a fantastic community of Splend members to a space they can thrive in! You’ll plan and organize an array of Splend Member events, engage with our members via social media and in person, liaise with and support our Marketing team with Member communications, all the while developing and sustaining genuine and long-lasting relationships with our Members. You’re the glue between our Members and our staff. You will also be responsible for organizing all office related activities and overall general office management.
- You’ll hold post front of house and welcome all Members, directing them where they need to go, making sure they have a coffee, tea or water and assisting them as needed.
- Prepare the office each day so that it is well presented and ready for action (Cleaning, organizing and maintaining a professional retail appearance throughout the day)
- Creating Member Kits and preparation of other items for members like documents and training materials.
- Schedule members in our ongoing training programs and partner seminars.
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Assist with creation, conception and presentation of social media and communication campaigns that align with Splend’s marketing strategies
- Actively engage with and respond to comments and customer queries to foster a positive community
- Participate in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
- Summarize and report on customer feedback to create actionable, client-facing reports that lead to optimization and an improved customer experience
- Coordinate with Marketing to ensure brand consistency and strategize ways to scale our communities and generate the most traffic
- Liaise with our Sales and Operations departments to stay updated on new products and features
- Build strong relationships with Members, potential Members, industry professionals and all internal staff and teams
- Work cross-functionally and provide administrative support when required
- Standard business hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30AM to 5:30PM, with some occasional weekend work required around events and other business needs.
- You’re a true people person! You genuinely enjoy developing relationships and are particularly good at interacting with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, business administration and/or related field favorable
- Experience managing social media platforms and communications, community manager experience, or some form of client-facing role where you’ve acted as a brand ambassador and/or customer advocate.
- Experience launching community initiatives and/or managing customer communications.
- You’re tech-savvy and excited by data. You have the ability to identify and track relevant community metrics and generate ideas that help to enhance our Member experience.
- You’re super creative, communicative and upbeat. You believe in our brand and naturally influence others to do so, too!
- An impressive attention to detail.
- You’re organized, have confidence in your ability to spearhead and manage projects, and a proven ability to multitask.