Splend United Kingdom – Operations
Who is Splend?
Splend is much more than just a vehicle rental start-up company. It is our vision to empower lives globally through providing flexible vehicle access and ownership. Our aim is to be the global market leader in this space by enabling on – demand income opportunities and creating value for our Members!
We are a values driven business who pride ourselves on walking the talk; we believe that our six values of; great team winning culture, cost conscious, go the extra mile, make a difference, respect and personal accountability are what sets us apart from the rest and makes a truly unique business with a fantastic work environment!
Putting our members first has seen our business become the market leader in Australia. Off the back of that growth and success Splend has expanded globally, launching our business in the Canadian, Mexican and UK markets.
We are looking for an energetic and hyper-organised Office Manager to support our continued, rapid, growth at our international headquarters in London. You will keep the office and our amazing people working like a happy and well-oiled machine.
This is a fun and meaningful role in which you will have the opportunity to impact and improve every employee’s experience. You will own everything from office management to coordinating travel for senior execs and organising the best social events for the team.
Responsibilities will include, but won’t be limited to:
- Be the first point of contact for visitors and callers, accepting deliveries, greeting guests, answering calls and setting the tone for their experience with Splend
- Partner with building management, facilities and other vendors
- Take control of the office fit-out as we move in to our shiny, new, HQ
- Order office supplies, keep the fridge stocked and make sure there’s always great coffee
- Provide travel logistics support and occasional diary management to the leadership team, especially for cross-functional and cross-border meetings and conferences
- Plan the weekly team meetings, organise socials and use your creativity to suggest team-building events that will enhance an already strong culture
- Ensure the local team is aware of Health & Safety procedures and the office abides by all regulations
- Be the go to person for all office management issues
- Make sure that our values are upheld in everything that we do
- Undergraduate degree
- 2+ years in an Office Manager / Admin role
- You are proficient with Google suite and other tools (ideally Asana and Slack) and love learning new skills
- You are extremely detail-oriented and cannot sleep at night if loose ends haven’t been tied off
- You have a strong interest in process improvement and are obsessed with finding ways to make the way we do things more efficient and streamlined
- You are able to execute efficiently, prioritising between competing tasks and getting them done with minimal supervision
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience working in a startup culture - comfortable with ambiguity and non-stop problem-solving, building, and action
- Passionate about what we do at Splend, so that you can act as an authentic ambassador