Splend Global – Tech & Product
Mirror. Signal. Career manoeuvre. Check.
Splend was created to give people from all walks of life the freedom to earn an income through driving. We’re looking for ambitious people, ready to join our journey and make a difference in people’s lives.
We take great pride in our teams, who are as diverse as our members. We’re an industry-leading company looking for ambitious leaders who want to define the future – not just for on-demand driving, but for all of our members and each other.
Splend is looking for a Product Manager to join our international technology team. You will create and own the product road-map for an area of our business, ensuring it is helps us execute against our strategy and aligns with our mission, to do everything in our power to improve the earnings and well-being of our members.
We have grown incredibly fast and have already established thriving rental operations in 4 countries across 3 continents with a view to scale to more people, in more cities and countries. To support this, we recognise the need to invest in our in-house technology to allow us to build out a talented product, engineering and design capability to create our next generation of digital products to underpin our growing operation and continue to offer exceptional value to our members.
Our product managers are responsible for building products which:
● Provide our Members with fast and easy access to the support and information they need, when they need it
● Simplify and increase the integrity of internal tooling and processes for sales, operations, customer experience, among other functions
● Make it easier for our organisation to access, interpret and act on the flow of data we receive from our vehicles, operations, partners and members
The technology landscape is varied and our products may need to interface with a mix of customised enterprise software, SaaS applications and a growing set of homegrown services.
At this stage in our growth, our product managers should be comfortable interfacing with a range of stakeholders and wearing more than one hat, whether that’s to improve process, dive deep on user experience and research, understand compliance implications or what’s under the hood of a piece of technology.
You like to build things that make a difference and remove needless inefficiencies. You are curious about the details and you don’t mind getting your hands dirty. Delivering the project isn’t your goal, you are strategic and outcome driven and make it your goal to help others see things the way you do.
The role will report into the Head of Product, sitting in the CTO function as, often times, the work can be quite technical in its nature. As such, you will be technically literate to a level where you can demonstrate genuine empathy with a development team and be comfortable challenging approaches and making decisions based on new technical information.
You are data literate and comfortable dabbling with code, combining these skills to be more effective in your analysis and a greater asset to your team.
Summary of experience and skills required
- Deep knowledge of all roles contributing to the development lifecycle, including UX and Design, QA, development, business stakeholders, early adopters, operations etc.
- You are a strategic thinker and comfortable explaining strategy clearly and concisely, written or verbally
- Detail oriented but pragmatic and rational to avoid paralysis through perfection
- Collaborative and influential, you can gain buy in from, and manage relationships with stakeholders across countries, cultures and time zones
- Excellent communication skills - you are articulate and can explain complex subjects in simple terms
- You always work with data, you know what data you need and what to do with it and use it to track progress and give colour to your stories to bring people on the journey
- You use both your qualitative and quantitative skills and your grasp of strategy and delivery to prioritise your road-map
- You can influence, coach and direct and adapt your style accordingly to deliver quality iterations in a timely manner
- You are a servant leader, confident in your ability to communicate intent and boundaries such that you can step away to allow teams to focus on how to deliver
- You’re happy and know when to roll your sleeves up to jump in and help the team
- Demonstrated ability to deliver continuously improving products through a test, learn and iterate approach, getting buy in from stakeholders to do so
- You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and can help others who are less so
Responsibilities: Own all aspects of the products for which you are responsible, including:
- Creating and maintaining a product strategy which aligns with our business goals
- Creating and owning the road-map, timing and delivery
- Defining and monitoring metrics
- Coordination of activities to get products to market, communicating as required internally and externally
- Conducting, or coordinating, user research, testing and training as required
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders and our Member community to capture feedback
- Iterate ways of working between development, business and product
Culture and Rewards
Most places split these sections into two, but we only need two sentences to describe the culture at Splend.
We work hard for our members, and we celebrate our achievements. Nothing great happens in isolation, and so we simultaneously push and support one another to identify uncharted realms of greatness.
So how about it? You want in? Click the 'Apply' button!
Splend does not, under any circumstances, make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, provincial, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy.
Splend is committed to a healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.