Splend United Kingdom – Operations
Splend is much more than just a vehicle rental start-up company. It is our vision to empower lives globally through providing flexible vehicle access and ownership. Our aim is to be the global market leader in this space by enabling on – demand income opportunities and creating value for our members!
We are a values driven business who pride ourselves on walking the talk; we believe that our six values of ; great team winning culture, cost conscious, go the extra mile, make a difference, respect and personal accountability are what sets us apart from the rest and makes a truly unique business with a fantastic work environment!
Putting our members first has seen our business become the market leader in Australia. Off the back of that growth and success Splend has expanded globally, launching our business in the Canadian, Mexican and UK markets.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Splend UK is looking for an experienced leader with strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial attitude to be the Country Manager of the UK, reporting into the CEO. As a proven result – driven person, the Country Manager will be leading the growth and expansion plan within the UK.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the automotive finance, fleet leasing management or car rental industry and a proven track record in developing territories, implementing successful growth strategies and leading teams. The Country Manager will be prepared to be fully accountable for a local strategic plan and for empowering internal teams to implement effective business strategy to ensure achieved targets and profitability are met.
- Establish and implement an effective strategy to enable the business to achieve agreed targets in terms of growth and profitability
- Manage the quality and quantity of employee productivity and hold team members accountable for delivering strategic outcomes
- Implement business improvement and growth opportunities through the UK
- Actively engage with peer level to ensure business needs and outcomes are met through achievement of team goals
- Accountability for country specific P&L and allocated KPI's
- Forecasting the demand and supply of driver members, tracking and resolving complaints
- Generate ideas about future industry activities to ensure cutting edge strategy; maintain up to date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trends
- Minimum 10 years industry and / or service sector experience (automotive finance, fleet leasing/management, car rental or similar)
- MBA desirable
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Ability to demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit at the same time as alignment to Splend's global strategy
- Tertiary qualifications in a business field (e.g. commerce, finance, accounting)
- Understands the importance of working together to achieve great heights. Regularly engaged with others to strengthen collaboration
- A strong leader that identifies with Splend's purpose, behaves in an ethical manner and inspires self and others to move beyond the job role to significant contribution