Talent & Culture Business Partner
Splend Canada – Talent and Culture
Splend is looking for a motivated, energetic, and creative Talent & Culture Business Partner who is passionate about people and Human Resources! As our dedicated Canadian Talent & Culture BP supporting a fast-paced start-up company with plans to expand nationally, you’ll play a critical role in the development, improvement, and management of employee policies and processes, HR software systems, recruitment, employee engagement, compensation and benefits management.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the employee lifecycle; from hiring through to termination.
- Own the recruitment and selection process and employ best practices to ensure a high-performance workforce; partner with management to identify hiring needs, create effective job descriptions and post ads, source and interview candidates, and provide hiring managers with objective feedback to aid in the selection of top talent.
- Work with management to assess and identify employee training and development needs; build and deliver appropriate training programs and measure the effectiveness of such programs.
- Responsible for conducting new hire orientations, on-the-job training programs, and all other required training programs deemed mandatory by applicable/local legislation.
- Assist with the development and administration of Company policies, programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company and to ensure compliance with applicable legislation.
- Oversee the performance management process for Splend Canada. Coach managers through the performance review process to ensure effectiveness of tool and manager feedback.
- Collaborate with department managers to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, employee morale, satisfaction and retention.
- Monitor and analyze employee engagement levels by scheduling regular employee surveys. Review employee feedback and discuss areas of concern with management and provide sound solutions and guidance.
- Apply theories and practices to provide guidance to managers and employees on employee relations issues and problem resolution. Assist managers with administering performance improvement plans where appropriate and effectively guide managers through the progressive discipline process.
- Act as the main point of contact and lead for all Canadian benefits administration and employee benefit-related inquiries. Work closely with Splend’s Head of Talent to finalize a comprehensive group benefit plan for Splend employees and constantly review benefits to ensure market competitiveness and employee satisfaction.
- Act as the liaison between employees and benefit carriers to answer questions and resolve claim issues.
- Audit, update and maintain employee information in the HRIS on a regular basis to ensure data compliance and consistency. Generate and prepare periodic reports for management use, as necessary and/or requested.
- Demonstrate, lead and execute on health and safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment and overall commitment to workplace safety. Ensure legal compliance is maintained at all times.
How Awesome You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business or related field.
- 5+ years experience in a Human Resources Generalist role supporting a fast-paced, start-up company and culture.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant employment legislation and keeps knowledge up-to-date.
- Proven track record of establishing strong rapport and building professional relationships with all stakeholders. You are a collaborator with a “win-win” mentality.
- Working knowledge and experience with HRIS systems. Experience working with BambooHR considered an asset.
- Excellent conflict resolution and decision-making skills
- A natural ability to communicate effectively, maintain confidentiality, and conduct business professionally.
- You’re creative by nature. You can identify ways for us to do things better and provide insightful solutions. You like to solve problems and build stuff!
Splend is a progressive, open-minded and inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer who welcomes you as you are! Splend takes pride in its diverse workforce and firmly believes that our unique differences are actually what makes us so good at what we do! Splend does not, under any circumstances, make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of any prohibited ground, including but not limited to race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, provincial, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Splend is committed to providing its employees with a healthy, safe and inviting work environment where harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.