Strategy Business Intelligence Analyst
New York, NY
Business – Business Development
Music does something to us.
Bliss, flow, high... call it what you want, but you know it when you feel it. It’s when you’re making music and you’re in the zone. Headphones on, and it’s just flowing out of you. A deeper moment, with a deeper connection to it. Those moments are not ordinary. They’re not everyday. They’re transcendent.
Now imagine a world with more of these moments. That’s the world we believe in. And it’s what we’re here to create.
At Splice, we seek to empower all musicians to realize their creative potential and unleash it on the world. We do this by relentlessly serving them, evolving their creative process and developing opportunities for them to thrive.
Splice is looking for a Strategy Business Intelligence Analyst to join our team in New York to help us build the creative hub for the modern musician. We believe in a world where all musicians have access to world class tools and content that help them achieve their creative potential. And we see an opportunity to realize that vision in a way that grows the pie in the music industry. The result? More and better musicians, more and better music, and an industry that works for everyone. Come join us.
As our Strategy BI Analyst, you’ll focus on conducting in-depth strategic analyses on our various revenue products to drive strategic insight for the business, product, and marketing teams. Through gaining a deep understanding of Splice’s products, customers, and business models, you will be an integral part of decision making and shape how Splice can optimize its current business and develop new opportunities and tools for musicians to advance their art.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with cross functional stakeholders to identify and answer key open business questions and define KPIs that will drive business performance
- Plan, scope, and execute highly specialized, high priority strategic projects through data analysis, process mapping, customer and user research and other related tasks focused on creating win-win-win scenarios for Splice, end-users, and musicians
- Inform and influence cross departmental company strategy through communicating findings and suggested action items to senior stakeholders and monitoring key KPIs
- Explore new business models, quantify new revenue opportunities, and size market potential of new products to innovate and iterate on how Splice can foster artist-to-artist collaboration and connectivity
Who You Are:
- 2 - 4 years of relevant work experience at a strategy consulting firm, tech startup, or equivalent
- Proven ability to synthesize complex analysis into digestible, actionable insights for stakeholders
- Exceptional excel and financial modeling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proactive communicator
- Detail oriented and a self starter, with a keen curiosity and ability to juggle multiple cross-departmental projects
- Passionate about creating inclusive, creative, and effective environments where people can do their best work
It's a Plus If:
- You’re a music producer or musician
- You have experience and an understanding of the greater music technology ecosystem
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.