Head of Splice Sounds
New York, NY
Business – Business Development
Splice is the creative hub for the modern musician. From our browsable library of samples to our pioneering rent-to-own plugin plans, to our backup and collaboration cloud software, we create tech-forward tools that make the modern musicians’ creative process seamless.
At Splice, we believe in a world where all musicians have access to world class tools and content that help them achieve their creative potential. And we see an opportunity to realize that vision in a way that grows the pie in the music industry. The result? More and better musicians, more and better music, and an industry that works for everyone. Come join our team.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as business unit owner of Splice Sounds, with P&L ownership of a rapidly growing business generating tens of millions of dollars and core element of the Splice platform. Overall ownership of the business unit.
- Own all aspects of Splice Sounds strategy, working closely with product & tech resources to drive business unit strategy.
- Work closely with dedicated resources to drive growth, optimize acquisition, retention, ARPU and LTV.
- Work closely with dedicated product and engineering resources to set road map for storefront, ingestion, reporting tools and other capabilities necessary to make Sounds the dominant platform.
- Manage all operations and build the world-class team necessary for continued rapid growth and stability of Splice Sounds.
- Communicate business status to executive team & board on regular basis.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience managing a P&L, with accountability for planning and execution.
- Strong communicator, able to lead from forecasts to board level reportingIdeally, worked closely with product, tech and content operations teams to build tech-enabled products in a fast-paced environment growing at >100% YoY.
- Experience building world-class teams in startup environment with high accountability and sense of urgency.
- Marketplace experience, with a strong understanding of content strategy, who can think several years out to build a high-margin content service customers love.
- Freakishly obsessed with being an advocate for the modern musician.