Director of Business Development
New York, NY
Business – Business Development
Splice is the creative hub for the modern musician. From our browsable library of samples to our pioneering rent-to-own plugin plans, to our backup and collaboration cloud software, we create tech-forward tools that make the modern musicians’ creative process seamless.
At Splice, we believe in a world where all musicians have access to world class tools and content that help them achieve their creative potential. And we see an opportunity to realize that vision in a way that grows the pie in the music industry. The result? More and better musicians, more and better music, and an industry that works for everyone. Come join our team.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with Head of Strategy & BD to understand creator ecosystem and company strategic priorities.
Develop and execute targeted business development initiative from concept to deal-closing to drive key company goals. Focus areas include content acquisition, user and revenue growth, brand awareness, product functionality, user experience and engagement. In all cases, strategy will be centered around giving the modern musician a better way to create and collaborate.
- Develop strategic plan all the way to bottoms-up account list to achieve specific, measurable business objectives. Analyze and quantify business impact of potential deals, and develop framework to prioritize opportunities.
- Prospect and engage a diverse set of business partners, develop a strong understanding of partners’ priorities to execute sustainable strategic partnerships.
- Set up a system and processes to manage a large pipeline and scale BD efficiently, including building a small, highly effective team over time.
- Execute partnerships from end to end, including:
- Defining & maximizing value exchange
- Pitching (internal and external)
- Negotiation, term setting & closing
- Execution & internal coordination for rollout
- Work closely across product, engineering, and marketing teams to create new user experiences and
opportunities on Splice
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of business development at a startup
- Proven success establishing and executing on a BD/market development strategy within a high-growth company, from strategy to hands-on deal closing.
- Proven track record in proactively creating business value from plan to deal execution vs. optimizing inbound deal flow.
- Experience working with both startups and large tech companies
- Strong ability to build and maintain external relationships
- Deep knowledge of music creation ecosystem and / or music production is a big plus; passionate music fan and artist advocate is a must