Audio/Music QA Intern
Los Angeles, CA
Engineering – Engineering
Location: Santa Monica Area
Are you passionate about Music and technology? Splice is building its Audio Science team in Los Angeles to create new product features based on Artificial Intelligence, that will empower over a million active users in their music creation process.
Splice is changing the way musicians create, collaborate and distribute their work by connecting their creation process. We are growing quickly and we are hiring self-starters to make a massive impact on Splice and the producers that use our product. Splice is creating a brand new software paradigm (think dropbox meets github for music producers) and as such, we face difficult design decisions on a daily basis. We're co-founded by Steve Martocci (GroupMe) and well known open source programmer Matt Aimonetti (Sony PlayStation) both of whom you will work with on a daily basis. Splice is funded by Union Square Ventures along with True Ventures, SV Angel, First Round Capital, Lerer Ventures, Box Group.
The ideal candidate will have a background in music composition / production / performance and solid skills recognizing and categorizing a wide variety of sounds, instruments and music genres.
As part of the Audio Science team you will:
- Assist the Audio Science engineers in collecting, categorizing, labeling and building datasets of audio content to be used by our Machine Learning algorithms.
- Perform listening tests to manually curate and classify audio samples based on timbre, genre and other perceptual descriptors.
- Participate in creative sessions to share your best ideas and help identify the most promising problems to work on, that can unlock new, better and faster ways to create music with our product.
- Basic coding skills in Python and/or other scripting languages.
- This is an opportunity to push the boundaries at the intersection of Audio, Music and Technology and see your work impact an entire community!