Artist Insights Analyst
New York, NY
Artist Relations & Music Partnerships – Artist Relations & Music Partnerships
Splice is looking for a Artist Insights Analyst to join our team in New York to help us build the creative hub for the modern musician. We believe in a world where all musicians have access to world class tools and content that help them achieve their creative potential. And we see an opportunity to realize that vision in a way that grows the pie in the music industry. The result? More and better musicians, more and better music, and an industry that works for everyone. Come join us.
As our Artist Insights Analyst, you’ll work directly with the team closest to the artists at Splice, and drive our data-first strategy. Artists are at the very heart of what we do at Splice; In this role you will bring data into the decisions we make in our work with artists and the music industry. The ideal candidate has an methodical, analytical and creative approach to data interpretation, a business-focused mindset, and will be responsible for quantitative analysis, data storytelling, and presentation of key insights to inform artist-centric business partnerships, programs, and products.
What you'll do:
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions for the Artists team
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders, including the artists themselves
- Take a lead in utilizing data to form the strategy we build around artists, and help senior decision makers understand the landscape we work in
Who you are:
- You have at least 3+ years of experience working in business/financial data analysis; preferably but not necessarily in the music or media industry
- You are someone who feels comfortable working directly with senior executives & the company at large, and you have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms, often to stakeholders who aren’t comfortable with data
- Assist in developing new insights to share with artists and managers
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- You have an analytical mind, but at the same time you're not afraid to try new things and be creative
- Work with Splice’s data to create new ways of finding, choosing and developing new artist relationships