Senior Financial Analyst
New York, NY
Operations – Finance
Splice is the creative hub for the modern musician. From our browsable library of samples to our pioneering rent-to-own plugin plans, to our backup and collaboration cloud software, we create tech-forward tools that make the modern musicians’ creative process seamless.
At Splice, we believe in a world where all musicians have access to world class tools and content that help them achieve their creative potential. And we see an opportunity to realize that vision in a way that grows the pie in the music industry. The result? More and better musicians, more and better music, and an industry that works for everyone. Come join us.
We are looking for a senior financial analyst. This role will be the first full-time addition to our growing finance team, reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Operations. As such, this role has the opportunity to both shape the finance function at Splice and directly contribute to the company’s rapid growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Support and assist with the monthly financial close process.
- Drive recurring weekly and monthly reporting packages that include financial performance analysis, operating KPIs, and explanations of variances and trends.
- Work with senior leaders throughout the company to prepare our annual operating plan and forecasts.
- Maintain the company’s financial forecasts to drive effective resource allocation within the organization.
- Manipulate and reconcile large volumes of data in Excel from various internal systems and the general ledger.
- Gain a deep understanding of business drivers and fundamentals to help solve business problems throughout the company.
- Ensure integrity and timely execution of all internal, executive, board and investor reporting.
- Complete ad hoc business projects as directed.
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree required, MBA a plus
- 4+ years of experience in finance, corporate FP&A, and or VC/PE; experience with a fast growing company is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting and financial reporting
- Proven ability to work quickly and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, highly organized, and resourceful
- High standards of accuracy with unquestionable integrity
- Ability to appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critiques