Music Content Partnerships Manager
New York, NY
Business – Content
Music does something to us.
Bliss, flow, high... call it what you want, but you know it when you feel it. It’s when you’re making music and you’re in the zone. Headphones on, and it’s just flowing out of you. A deeper moment, with a deeper connection to it. Those moments are not ordinary. They’re not everyday. They’re transcendent.
Now imagine a world with more of these moments. That’s the world we believe in. And it’s what we’re here to create.
At Splice, we seek to empower all musicians to realize their creative potential and unleash it on the world. We do this by relentlessly serving them, evolving their creative process and developing opportunities for them to thrive.
The Splice Music Content Team is responsible for our catalog of music content. Our goal is to provide our users with unprecedented access to the world’s best collaborative content (e.g. samples, stems), generate sustainable revenue and exposure for content providers (e.g. artists, labels, sound designers), and acquire music rights that will enable Splice to develop new products and business models around collaborative content.
As the Content Team’s BD Manager, you’ll focus on developing and maintaining excellent relationships with Splice’s business partners and content providers. We’re looking for someone to support business development efforts and manage existing business initiatives designed to acquire, create, manage, and commercialize music content across existing and future products.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with our Head of Content and our EVP, Music Strategy & Industry Relations to identify high impact partnership opportunities which will drive strategic business objectives
- Support Content Team business development efforts through drafting of proposals and structuring deal terms
- Create financial projections for deals and analyze ongoing performance of partnerships
- Oversee internal implementation of deals and maintain relationships
- Develop a strong understanding of partners’ priorities to execute sustainable strategic partnerships
What We're Looking For:
- At least four (4) years of relevant work experience in the music industry and/or a music related tech company
- Highly organized, collaborative, self-starter with excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to build and maintain external relationships
- Experience structuring and negotiating partnerships
- Experience with drafting partnership proposals and deal terms
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to create a repeatable and scalable process around partnerships
It's a plus if you have:
- Deep knowledge of music creation ecosystem and/or music production
- Are highly knowledgeable about how music rights work (publishing, master rights)
- Have legal/business affairs experience
- Have experience with financial modeling and analysis
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.