New York, NY
Product – Design
Splice is looking for product designers with an emphasis on visual design to join our growing team in New York. You’ll work closely with other product designers and product managers to refine wireframes and prototypes into visual comps. You’ll iterate on features, thinking about visual systems and consistency, and oversee the implementation of your designs in close collaboration with the engineering team.
We believe in a world where all musicians have access to world class tools and content that help them achieve their creative potential. And we see an opportunity to realize that vision in a way that grows the pie in the music industry. The result? More and better musicians, more and better music, and an industry that works for everyone. Come join us.
What you'll do
- Own the design process: Facilitate design reviews among stakeholders and the design team.
- Think large-scale: Contribute to and implement a universal design language across all products
- Own the implementation of your work: Deliver pixel-perfect comps and assets to engineers, while keeping collaboration open throughout the implementation process.
- Design thoughtfully: Understand and consider solutions that account for common visual and technical patterns. But don’t be afraid to think outside the box.
- User first solutions: Carefully consider the user when designing all experiences.
- Be autonomous and humble: Own and be accountable for your work. Provide, receive, and incorporate constructive feedback.
What we're looking for
- 3+ years in a product design role: Experience building a digital product and understanding of the technical limitations that come with it.
- Excellent visual design skills: Mastery of typography and color with an eye for aesthetically appealing product solutions.
- Communication skills: Ability to clearly articulate user problems, design concept in a simple, visual and effective way.
- Organized & self-motivated: You hold yourself accountable for your decisions and meet deadlines when presented. You are always searching for the best solution.
- UX/UI Skills: You understand how to digest and work with wireframes and user research to incorporate into your work.
- Humble and objective: Able to provide, receive, and incorporate constructive feedback.
- Deep user empathy: You are constantly putting yourself in your user’s shoes. See things from their perspective and empathize with their pain points and struggles.
- Collaboration with managers, engineers: Understand the role of managers and facilitate cooperation and roadmapping. Understand role of engineers, importance of cost and specific engineering requirements when designing solutions.