New York, NY
Operations – Finance
Music does something to us.
Bliss, flow, high... call it what you want, but you know it when you feel it. It’s when you’re making music and you’re in the zone. Headphones on, and it’s just flowing out of you. A deeper moment, with a deeper connection to it. Those moments are not ordinary. They’re not everyday. They’re transcendent.
Now imagine a world with more of these moments. That’s the world we believe in. And it’s what we’re here to create.
At Splice, we seek to empower all musicians to realize their creative potential and unleash it on the world. We do this by relentlessly serving them, evolving their creative process and developing opportunities for them to thrive.
We are looking for a Controller to lead the accounting function at Splice. The role will report to the Vice President of Finance and Operations.
What You'll Do:
- Own all aspects of company accounting, including revenue recognition, A/R, A/P, cash flow management and general accounting activities
- Hire and supervise an accounting department, ensuring appropriate delineation of responsibilities and organizational forward planning
- Develop, evolve, communicate and manage a timely and efficient close process
- Prepare appropriate variance analysis to review with executive leadership team to analyze critical connections and gaps
- Manage all financial compliance, tax and banking activities, including annual audits
- Enhance financial processes to support continued growth, including the implementation of new accounting / ERP software
- Monitor and research new GAAP pronouncements and evaluate the impact on the company
- Collaborate in developing annual budget, reconciliation of monthly financial results against budgets and forecasts
- Ensure conformance with and adherence to all regulatory guidance and internal policies and procedures
- Establish documentation of policies, procedures and workflow where appropriate
Who You Are:
- A minimum of 10 years progressively responsible experience in private accounting and public accounting with at least 5 years in a Controller capacity
- Comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); knowledge of statutory accounting principles, particularly in a SaaS environment
- A demonstrated history of success in developing process and achieving project/task deadlines
- A propensity toward autonomy and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsExtremely detail oriented with exceptional analytical and accounting skills
- Experience with enterprise-level systems implementations to support a scaling organization
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced deadline driven environment
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.