As a Solution Engineer, you will play a critical role in sales and onboarding of new customers. Split Solution Engineers will be responsible for leading technical conversations, defining the best fit implementation to meet customer requirements, recommending technical best practices, and assisting in managing the customer relationship. You will participate in inside and outside sales calls, customer events, and engage technical communities at conferences and trade shows. Split Solution Engineers will be Split's developer evangelist and technical customer advocate.
- Drive customer adoption and success by managing the pre-sales technical process and evangelizing Split’s technology to existing and prospective customers.
- Partner with sales to educate existing and prospective customers about Split’s solution - this includes conference calls, on site visits, presentations, technical evaluations, technical objection handling, proposals, and follow up on all customer related issues.
- Work with other internal departments to ensure that customers receive technical updates and drive adoption of new features.
- Work closely with engineering and product leadership to help drive future product direction and strategy - representing the voice of our customers.
- Define, architect, and implement processes and solutions that foster a world-class pre-sales experience.
- Contribute to training videos and knowledge base articles published on our website.
- Contribute to sample coding projects to better explain the power of Split.
- Drive excellent Customer Satisfaction by understanding and over-delivering against Customer expectations.
- Previous experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on, delivering technical products or services.
- Experience and competence working at OS command lines including Unix, Linux and Window command prompts.
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today’s application architectures.
- Experience with Restful APIs and the Http protocol.
- Personable and able to work as a member of small team and to interact with peers and internal departments.
- Attention to details with a strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated.
- Eagerness to learn quickly about a new product and industry vertical, and to receive constructive feedback to further improve your success in the role.
- Excellent written, presentation,and verbal communication skills with contacts at all levels of the organization.
Split is the platform for controlled rollouts, helping businesses of all sizes deliver exceptional user experiences—and mitigate risk—by providing an easy, secure way to target features to customers. Companies like WePay, Segment and thredUP rely on Split to safely introduce and test new features, and draw insights on their use. Founded in 2015, Split’s team comes from some of the most innovative enterprises in Silicon Valley, including Google, LinkedIn, Salesforce and Splunk. Split is based in Redwood City, California and backed by Accel Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners. To learn more or to start a 30-day free trial, visit www.split.io.