As an SDK Engineer, you will be responsible for owning the development of several of Split’s SDKs. Engineers at Split have strong problem solving capabilities, are great team players and have great communication skills. For this role we expect you to be proficient at more than one language, with fluency in Ruby as a requirement. You must be an engineer with an insatiable appetite to learn more. Split engineers are are goal-oriented, have the ability to handle interruptions while fluidly switching between several projects and dealing with issues that arise when running a highly available service.
- Feature development of Split’s SDKs (for instance https://github.com/splitio/ruby-client).
- Actively contribute to additional development platforms supported by Split (https://github.com/splitio).
- Monitor and improve load and performance of SDKs.
- Support our customers, and translate requirements into future product development.
- Experience building high performance SDK applications.
- Knowledge of concurrency and threading in several VMs (Ruby, Java).
- Experience with Linux, Nginx and Puma servers are required.
- 2+ years of experience building applications.
- Obsession over writing simple, elegant code that can be easily tested.
- Personable and able to work as a member of small team. Able to contribute to projects with peers in other departments when needed.
- Attention to details with a strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated.
- Eagerness to learn quickly about a new product and industry vertical, and to receive constructive feedback to further improve your success in the role.
Split is the platform for controlled rollouts, helping businesses of all sizes deliver exceptional user experiences—and mitigate risk—by providing an easy, secure way to target features to customers. Companies like WePay, Segment and thredUP rely on Split to safely introduce and test new features, and draw insights on their use. Founded in 2015, Split’s team comes from some of the most innovative enterprises in Silicon Valley, including Google, LinkedIn, Salesforce and Splunk. Split is based in Redwood City, California and backed by Accel Partners. To learn more or to start a 30-day free trial, visit www.split.io.