Backend Software Engineer
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will be responsible for leading feature development for Split’s backend stack. Software Engineers at Split have strong problem solving capabilities, are great team players and have great communication skills. You must be a first rate Java programmer with experience designing object oriented code. Experience with additional languages Split supports is highly preferred. Split software engineers are are goal-oriented, have the ability to handle interruptions while fluidly switching between several projects and dealing with issues that arise when running a highly available service.
- Lead feature development for Split’s backend stack (Java8, Mongo, and/AWS).
- Build distributed, high-throughput, real-time applications.
- Build infrastructure needed to support our API-first platform.
- Design, model and build services to support new features and products.
- Experience designing object-oriented code, preferably in Java.
- Thrilled to be building and debugging distributed systems in a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of and/or excitement about learning IaaS products (e.g., AWS, Kinesis, Lambda, and Spark).
- Obsession over writing simple, elegant code that can be easily tested.
- Personable and able to work as a member of small team. Able to contribute to projects with peers in other departments when needed.
- Attention to details with a strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated.
- Eagerness to learn quickly about a new product and industry vertical, and to receive constructive feedback to further improve your success in the role.
Split is the platform for controlled rollouts, helping businesses of all sizes deliver exceptional user experiences—and mitigate risk—by providing an easy, secure way to target features to customers. Companies like WePay, Segment and thredUP rely on Split to safely introduce and test new features, and draw insights on their use. Founded in 2015, Split’s team comes from some of the most innovative enterprises in Silicon Valley, including Google, LinkedIn, Salesforce and Splunk. Split is based in Redwood City, California and backed by Accel Partners. To learn more or to start a 30-day free trial, visit www.split.io.