This individual will have the unique opportunity to join as an early member of Split's Sales team. As an early Account Executive (AE) at Split you will be responsible for developing and closing a large portfolio of new business across many levels of the market and identifying and growing opportunities across Split's existing book of business. Early AEs at Split will have the opportunity to contribute to defining new sales verticals, refining tactics for certain use cases and buyer types, and contributing to sales collateral and customer engagement campaigns. Split AEs must be self-starters, have excellent organization and prioritization skills, experience selling into senior business executives and technical buyers.
- Consistently hit sales revenue targets and oversee account management for closed accounts to seek additional revenue opportunities.
- Prospect for new business and partner with BDRs to improve their positioning and pitch for outbound and inbound qualification.
- Demonstrate Split to prospects and customers on-site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Effectively and independently deliver the Split company story, value proposition, and product demonstrations.
- Managing all aspects of the sales cycle including: prospecting, sales campaign/meetings, negotiation close, account management.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive new business and upsell plan to drive revenue across different levels of the market and help identify identify new verticals.
- Prepare and manage proposals, quotes, and contracts.
- Partner with support and software architect team members ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
- Previous experience of inside and/or outside sales experience selling B2B applications and on-demand/SaaS.
- Previous experience in developer oriented SaaS software sales.
- Contact network of technical buyers and knowledge of technical industry trends is preferred.
- Proven track record of quota over-achievement and performance as a top ranked AE.
- Prior experience demonstrating the ability to create strong client relationships and grow existing accounts overtime by identifying upsells and expanding use cases.
- Personable and able to work as a member of small team. Able to contribute to projects with peers in other departments when needed.
- Attention to details with a strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated.
- Eagerness to learn quickly about a new product and industry vertical, and to receive constructive feedback to further improve your success in the role.
- Excellent written, presentation,and verbal communication skills with contacts at all levels of the organization.
Split is the platform for controlled rollouts, helping businesses of all sizes deliver exceptional user experiences—and mitigate risk—by providing an easy, secure way to target features to customers. Companies like WePay, Segment and thredUP rely on Split to safely introduce and test new features, and draw insights on their use. Founded in 2015, Split’s team comes from some of the most innovative enterprises in Silicon Valley, including Google, LinkedIn, Salesforce and Splunk. Split is based in Redwood City, California and backed by Accel Partners. To learn more or to start a 30-day free trial, visit www.split.io.