Business Development Rep
This individual will have the unique opportunity to join as Split's first Business Development Representative (BDR) and define a repeatable BDR model that future hires will follow. As a BDR, you are the teammate who defines every contact's first impression of Split and plays a critical role in driving these initial conversations into opportunities. You will be responsible for identifying and qualifying both inbound and outbound leads. Split is looking for a hard-working, entrepreneurial, self-starter who has excellent telephone/ communication skills, is well organized, able to multi-task, and has prior experience in communicating with business executives.
- Educate prospective customers on Split, generating qualified leads for the Sales team.
- Use multiple lead-generation tools to generate outbound calls and emails each day.
- Manage prospects from lead generation through to demo with the ability to articulate value proposition, navigate objections and foster relationships.
- Meet and exceed quota of calls, demos and sales qualified leads.
- Define, architect and implement plans for acquiring new business.
- Previous experience with proven success in Sales Development, Lead Generation, and/or Sales.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with contacts at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build strong client relationships and overcome objections over the phone.
- Personable and able to work as a member of small team.
- Able to contribute to projects with peers in other departments when needed.
- Attention to details with a strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated.
- Eagerness to learn quickly about a new product and industry vertical, and to receive constructive feedback to further improve your success in the role.
- Preferred: Prior experience in a sales or sales development role for a technical product or with a technical buyer.
Split is the platform for controlled rollouts, helping businesses of all sizes deliver exceptional user experiences—and mitigate risk—by providing an easy, secure way to target features to customers. Companies like WePay, Segment and thredUP rely on Split to safely introduce and test new features, and draw insights on their use. Founded in 2015, Split’s team comes from some of the most innovative enterprises in Silicon Valley, including Google, LinkedIn, Salesforce and Splunk. Split is based in Redwood City, California and backed by Accel Partners. To learn more or to start a 30-day free trial, visit www.split.io.