Data Infrastructure Engineer
Product & Engineering
Split is committed to power the world product decisions. As a Data Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for building massively scalable, low latency, elegant systems that turn billions of data points per day into meaningful data streams to delight our customers with relevant information. Data engineers at Split have strong problem solving capabilities, are great team players and have great communication skills. Split engineers are goal-oriented, have the ability to handle interruptions while fluidly switching between several projects and dealing with issues that arise when running a highly available service. As with all engineering positions at Split, we are not looking for those who code the fastest, but those who find a balance between creating code from scratch and leveraging existing frameworks and technologies.
- Build distributed, high-volume data pipelines to power new product features based on analytics and machine-learning.
- Use cutting edge technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Kafka and other open-source technologies.
- Model several stream of data into different storage format like parquet to enable different statistical calculations.
- Collaborating with designers, product managers, software engineers, and customers to build an amazing data experience.
- Improve overall data pipeline performance and address scalability limits.
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company.
- BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field.
- Experience building and operating data pipelines for real customers in production systems.
- Fluent in several programming languages (JVM, Go or others).
- You enjoy wrangling huge amounts of data and exploring new data sets.
- Obsession over writing simple, elegant code that can be easily tested.
- Personable and able to work as a member of small team. Able to contribute to projects with peers in other departments when needed.
- Attention to details with a strong work ethic, desire to learn and be challenged, self-driven and motivated.
- Eagerness to learn quickly about a new product and industry vertical, and to receive constructive feedback to further improve your success in the role.
Split is the platform for controlled rollouts, helping businesses of all sizes deliver exceptional user experiences—and mitigate risk—by providing an easy, secure way to target features to customers. Companies like WePay, Segment and thredUP rely on Split to safely introduce and test new features, and draw insights on their use. Founded in 2015, Split’s team comes from some of the most innovative enterprises in Silicon Valley, including Google, LinkedIn, Salesforce and Splunk. Split is based in Redwood City, California and backed by Accel Partners and Lightspeed Venture Partners. To learn more or to start a 30-day free trial, visit www.split.io.