San Francisco /
San Francisco /
SPMB is the most successful technology executive search firm in California, and one of the top three independent firms in the U.S. -- with a primary focus on scaling technology businesses. Our specialty is consultative and recruiting support for Board Members, CEOs, and C-Suite Executives to place them into growing businesses in both enterprise and consumer technology. These clients include high-growth, venture backed startups (backed by Greylock, Sequoia, Accel), companies in the portfolios of top tier PE firms (Thoma Bravo, TPG, SilverLake), as well as work with larger businesses like the MLB, Equinox / Soul Cycle, Disney+, Google, Comcast, and others. We are fortunate to partner with the smartest, most driven people in technology, helping them solve some of the most critical business scaling challenges at the forefront of innovation.
Our firm is based in San Francisco with offices in New York, Los Angeles, and Denver. The SPMB team is made up of open minded, driven, and dedicated individuals. To be a part of the SPMB team you support a “We vs I” mentality and stand behind our 3 cultural values: Work Right, Work Together, and Work Hard -- all in support of scaling meaningful technology businesses, most of which are household names.
We're seeking a thoughtful and professional individual to spearhead and develop overall project strategy which includes aspects of client management, candidate development, and business processes on VP and C-Level search engagements. This role collaborates directly with the practice Partner and Analyst in driving all aspects of our retained searches. Associates are responsible for working directly with our public and private clients, managing the day-to-day details of search engagements, facilitating discussions with candidates, and directing internal teams. The core function of the Associate's role is relationship development and management, including networking and building strong relationships with senior executives (as potential candidates or clients) and assessing them against the search project requirements.
- Develop and execute the search strategy through collaboration with the Partner leading the search.
- Serve as the lead recruiter and strategic consultant to clients throughout every search project.
- Understand organizational structures, growth models, technology trends, culture, and various spaces/domains.
- Understand the goals of each client’s company, division, or group. Collaborate to develop an effective search strategy, quickly understanding and translating the client’s strategy, structure and talent needs.
- Develop key search documentation including position profiles, business development documents, status reports, summary analysis, and reference summaries.
- Develop a comprehensive sales pitch of our client’s company and products. Understand and articulate the client company’s value proposition.
- Help drive research efforts/strategy to ensure high quality candidate flow while being a mentor and manager to the dedicated analyst.
- Identify, attract, and recruit relevant successful candidates.
- Screen candidates, ensuring that only top prospects reach interview stage with lead consultant on a search project.
- Develop rapport with potential candidates through industry knowledge, deep understanding of our searches, and an inherent desire to add value to their careers.
- Serve as an ambassador for SPMB.
- Deep care for building a career within an organization with thoughtful Partners and a well defined career path.
- Passion for recruiting to solve business challenges, an inherent intellectual curiosity, and a strong comfort level speaking with senior level executives regarding various industries and functions.
- Minimum of 2-4 years prior recruiting, sales, or consulting experience.
- Shown to consistently perform at high levels.
- Articulate. Must possess strong people, phone, and sales skills.
- Great energy, can do attitude, and ownership of their work.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and engagements simultaneously.
- Experience growing, serving and maintaining existing client relationships.
- A good fit with SPMB’s performance culture and core values. An appetite to do more, faster, bigger, and better than others.
- Ability to work well under pressure, solve problems, and think on your feet. The ability to remain flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient is crucial to this role.
- High energy and the ability to establish trust and credibility within the candidate community.
- Ability to analyze and quickly breakdown new industries and identify key executives within them.
- Deep understanding of the executive and functional breakdown of an organization.
- Deep market knowledge within one or more of the key industry segments that we serve.
- Must have the ability to manage the strategic and tactical research efforts of search projects, including mentoring and managing an analyst. Shows a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think strategically and speak intelligently in detail about our clients across various industries.
- Autonomous and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit.
- An undergraduate degree is required.
For more information about SPMB, visit our website at www.spmb.com