SPMB is the most successful technology executive search firm in California, and one of the top three independent firms in the U.S. We have one metric that supports this claim: we close more than 200 searches every year for VP and C-level executives.
Our firm is based in San Francisco, the beating heart of global innovation. 60 people strong, we specialize in recruiting Board and executive level teams for innovators across a number of important established categories including: B2B (SaaS, cloud, infrastructure, security, etc.); B2C (consumer tech, digital media CPG/retail, etc.); health tech, new industrials/sustainability, etc.
Our clients range from well-funded, fast growing, VC backed disruptors, to multi-billion dollar public companies. What they all have in common is that they are passionate about acquiring amazing people who drive innovation and success.. And we’re passionate about finding them!
The SPMB team includes athletes, musicians, coaches, world travelers, parents, and community leaders. We work intensely. We play passionately. We deliver results. We spend our workdays figuring out how to shine a light on our clients. We spend our off-hours looking for adventure.
The SPMB Associate role is an important position within the firm, and helps to guide the entire search process by developing and executing on a search strategy that will facilitate building a steady pipeline of quality candidates.
- Minimum of 2+ year’s prior recruiting or sales experience.
- Deep market knowledge within one or more of the key industry segments that we serve (such as storage, SaaS, digital media, clean tech).
- Must know “Robo Candidate” cold - be able to tell the difference between a top quality candidate, and non-top quality.
- Deep understanding of the executive and functional breakdown of an organization.
- Proven ability to manage the strategic and tactical research efforts of search projects, including mentoring a new analyst.
- Ability to analyze and quickly breakdown new industries and identify key people within them.
- Ability to speak intelligently about the search strategy behind projects (as noted by active value add participation in client con calls).
- A good fit with SPMB’s performance culture and core values - particularly work ethic, productivity, and teamwork.
- Excellent business acumen, possessing strong people, phone and sales skills. Proven ability to be seen as an advisor versus a recruiter. Able to represent and pitch our clients effectively.
- Participate regularly in activities that move the firm forward (outside of specific search projects). Demonstrated leadership on non-search related projects for the betterment of SPMB.
- Minimum of a four year college degree from a top university.
- Personally develop comprehensive pitch/sell of our client’s company and products. Understand and articulate our client company’s value proposition.
- Consistently strive to achieve a rating of 4 or higher in each “Robo Candidate Developer” category.
- Master the “Selling Steps” of candidate development.
- Attract and recruit target candidates, and adhere to 4x4 standards.
- Own the search process. Prepare daily status updates for clients and the lead consultant on a searches daily progress.
- Develop the key search documentation: position profile (pitch, role/responsibility, background and experience requirements); status reports; summary analysis; reference summaries.
- Strategically and tactically drive the research efforts to ensure on-going, high quality candidate flow (stick to 4x4).
- Screen candidates, ensuring that only the top prospects reach interview stage with lead consultant on the search project. Achieve 75%+ success rate of introduction to the client.
- Take ownership of candidates. Manage the relationship, helping with administrative scheduling, conducting interviews if necessary and turning off unqualified candidates in a professional manner.
- Serve as an ambassador for SPMB when reaching out to the candidate community.
- Show leadership by initiating and driving to closure a company wide non-search related project for the betterment of the firm.
For more information about SPMB, visit our website at www.spmb.com