Senior Analyst (Recruiting)
SPMB is the premier technology executive search firm in California, and one of the top three independent firms in the U.S. We have one metric that supports this claim: we close more than 200 searches every year for VP and C-level executives.
Our firm is based in San Francisco, the beating heart of global innovation. 60 people strong, we specialize in recruiting Board and executive level teams for innovators across a number of important established categories including: B2B (SaaS, cloud, infrastructure, security, etc.); B2C (consumer tech, digital media CPG/retail, etc.); health tech, new industrials/sustainability, etc.
Our clients range from well-funded, fast growing, VC backed disruptors, to multi-billion dollar public companies. What they all have in common is that they are passionate about acquiring amazing people who drive innovation and success.. And we’re passionate about finding them!
The SPMB team includes athletes, musicians, coaches, world travelers, parents, and community leaders. We work intensely. We play passionately. We deliver results. We spend our workdays figuring out how to shine a light on our clients. We spend our off-hours looking for adventure.
The SPMB Senior Analyst role is an important position within the firm, and helps to guide the entire search process by developing and executing on a search strategy that will facilitate building a steady pipeline of quality candidates
- Minimum of 1+ year’s prior recruiting or sales experience.
- Thought leadership - the ability to think and react quickly while relying on analytical and intuitive skills.
- Creative, inquisitive, and committed to broadening your knowledge base.
- Positive, can-do attitude with creative and collaborative problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated, hard-working, and organized, with the ability to multi-task.
- Time management, pattern recognition, prioritization, and judgment are important skills in this role.
- Ability to work well under pressure, solve problems and think on your feet.
- Excellent business acumen, possessing strong people, phone and sales skills. Proven ability to be seen as an advisor versus a recruiter. Able to represent and pitch our clients effectively.
- Ability to speak intelligently about the search strategy behind projects (as noted by active value add participation in client con calls).
- A good fit with SPMB’s performance culture and core values - particularly work ethic, productivity, and teamwork.
- Participate regularly in activities that move the firm forward (outside of specific search projects). Demonstrated leadership on non-search related projects for the betterment of SPMB.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top caliber university - internships are a bonus.
- Drive research efforts to ensure high quality candidate flow.
- Analyze and quickly breakdown new industries, market segments, and competitive landscapes in order to better understand our clients.
- Be able to tell the difference between a top quality candidate and a good quality one - Identify technology executives who have played a critical role in the success of top companies within the ecosystem, and continuously mine the industry/market for additional targets.
- Understand the functional breakdown and roles within the executive structure.
- Think strategically, and speak intelligently in detail about our clients across various industries.
- Act as an ecosystem expert in the markets/verticals researched.
- Develop a research strategy and draft reports including documentation that outlines targeted industries and companies.
- Own the search process. Prepare daily status updates for clients and the lead consultant on a searches daily progress.
- Develop the key search documentation: position profile (pitch, role/responsibility, background and experience requirements); status reports; summary analysis; reference summaries.
- Screen candidates, ensuring that only the top prospects reach interview stage with lead consultant on the search project. Achieve 75%+ success rate of introduction to the client.
- Take ownership of candidates. Manage the relationship, helping with administrative scheduling, conducting interviews if necessary and turning off unqualified candidates in a professional manner.
- Serve as an ambassador for SPMB when reaching out to the candidate community.
- Show leadership by initiating and driving to closure a company wide non-search related project for the betterment of the firm.
What You Will Gain
- In-depth industry knowledge of the technology landscape.
- Insight into how successful companies and careers are built.
- The opportunity to interface with executives, as well as investors from the venture capital and private equity community.
- Learning directly from high-performing industry experts.
- The opportunity to work closely with driven and successful executive search veterans.
For more information about SPMB, visit our website at www.spmb.com