SPMB is the most successful technology executive search firm in California, and one of the top three independent firms in the U.S. We have one metric that supports this claim: we close more than 200 searches every year for VP and C-level executives.
Our firm is based in San Francisco, the beating heart of global innovation. 60 people strong, we specialize in recruiting Board and executive level teams for innovators across a number of important established categories including: B2B (SaaS, cloud, infrastructure, security, etc.); B2C (consumer tech, digital media CPG/retail, etc.); health tech, new industrials/sustainability, etc.
Our clients range from well-funded, fast growing, VC backed disruptors, to multi-billion dollar public companies. What they all have in common is that they are passionate about acquiring amazing people who drive innovation and success.. And we’re passionate about finding them!
The SPMB team includes athletes, musicians, coaches, world travelers, parents, and community leaders. We work intensely. We play passionately. We deliver results. We spend our workdays figuring out how to shine a light on our clients. We spend our off-hours looking for adventure.
The SPMB Senior Accountant is an incredibly important position for our firm. As Senior Accountant you will have direct access to the CFO and Managing Partners of our quickly growing firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Experienced Senior Accountant ready for next step in career or current Accounting Manager
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, be able to work within tight deadlines, and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Systems preferred experience: Excel and Google Sheets expert, Google Suite, MS Suite, accounting software (preferably Peachtree), ADP/payroll.
- Strong computer desktop skills
- You possess a growth mindset and have an insatiable desire to grow and learn
- Management experience or running AP and/or AR
- IT knowledge preferred
- Work experience in Professional Services industry preferred
- Hands on performance of accounting close process including preparation of monthly journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, and internal financial reporting packages.
- Manage several accounting functions including, but not limited to, general ledger, workpapers, schedules, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and fixed assets.
- Ensure all deadlines are met for monthly and quarterly bonus calculations, year end close,etc.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of processes, controls and system changes.
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies.
- Business Insurance
- Banking Relations
- Cashflow Management
- International Payments
- Multi State Compliance
- Handle IRS and State notices
- Work with CPA as needed
- Continuous focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices.
- Partner with CFO, HR manager, and Accountant to ensure Operations team is excelling in our service to the firm
For more information about SPMB, visit our website at www.spmb.com